AceEditor + CustomLayout (no SCSS files) ... how to?

Hey guys, hope you are all good.

I am unable to use AceEditor in my project. It is a regular Vaadin 7 project created using the Eclipse plug-in.
I added, initially, the AceEditor add-on in the WEB-INF/lib folder and compiled the widget set. Compilation is OK, but I get the well-known message in the browser when I run it:

Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.aceeditor.AceEditor. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer toadd-on instructions.

The details here: I am using
CustomLayout
(which means there is a single CSS file in the project, no SCSS).
In the CSS, I have a reference to the base theme I am using (Reindeer) and, then, my own CSS rules to the components. The reference to Reindeer is like described in the documentation:

@import “…/reindeer/legacy-styles.css”;

Since adding the library under the lib folder did not work, I tried to remove it from there and add a Ivy dependency in the ivy.xml file. Dependency loaded, no compilation errors, and widget set is again succesfully compiled. However, the same error in the browser, even if I clean all data/cache.

Do you guys have any idea of what I can do to get this add-on working in my project? Do I need to, as I did with reindeer, do something similar to include the add-on style rules? I already saw that, using Maven through the archetypes and then adding the AceEditor as a dependency, it works. Why not using these two other approaches?

Cheers,
Pedro