This should be integrated...!

i was searching for some modern and clean interface themes that could be applied to a vaadin application and found this:

http://kopyov.com/demo/aquincum/index.html?login=&password=&submit=Login

(just hit login, it’s just a demo)

it would be
awesome
if the vaadin crew could collaborate with this guy :slight_smile:

for now… i’ll have a hard time trying to implement some parts of that theme into my vaadin app.

best regards!

if i want an admin website that looks alot like the posted page above - should i use CustomLayout instead of trying to theme vaadin components and maybe “miss-use” them?

the html provided on that page is structured very well and the css is easy to understand.

e.g. that sidebar… i could do it in html+css and use vaadin labels as buttons, right?

so… is a CustomLayout the key to achieve a website looking as the one above with vaadin?

thanks and best regards!

I don’t know how common it is to use a CustomLayout, but I personally don’t use them very much.

But in a situation like this, when you have a perfect HTML structure already available, I would recommend at least trying how far you can get with just using the ready made stuff. And using Labels as buttons is one option, but I would make sure that the app works without a mouse also, if you care about accessibility.

And a great looking interface, I agree! Good luck with the integration, and just ask for more help when you encounter some problems.

To me it seems unlikely that Vaadin will collaborate with the author, but I try to bring the idea forward inside the company.