OAuth Popup issues

I am using this add on and understand it is still experimental. I think it has great potential but it has a couple of things missing.

For one, there is no way to override a click of the button (at least that I can figure out). I’d like to get a notification prior to the auth attempt and be able to cancel it. I am accessing a site that provides me with a refresh key and a timeout that I can use to refresh my authorization credentials when necessary without popping up an auth window. I’d like to use a single button for searching and authorize if necessary or refresh if necessary then run the query.

Secondly, when I get the authorization no UI changes are occurring. Again this may be something I misunderstand about Vaadin and/or the add on, but I need some help. I make the call and when I receive the authorization I perform a call to the site and get a list of entities. I put this list into a BeanItemContainer and set a combo box to use it. I have to click a button or a drop down before the combo box (or any notifications) get displayed in the browser.

Thanks,
John

if you are able to get a refresh token without popping up an auth window, just disable oauth button or make it invisible, why it should be there if you don’t need it? it’s not supposed to do anything else

according to your second problem, you need server push to enable communication initiated from the server side… otherwise UI get updated only when user interacts with server (push a button, click a combobox etc)

try to look at this
https://vaadin.com/book/vaadin7/-/page/advanced.push.html