Printing content for more than one page

Hello!
I’m trying to print content that needs mor than one page on printer. I read the solution on

https://vaadin.com/book/vaadin7/-/page/advanced.printing.html

with using the BrowserWindowOpener-Class.

The content in the extra window is displayed well with a scrollbar in the window. If i go to the print preview the first page contains also scrollbars. In IE i can see all other pages, but in Chrome I just see the first page.

I looked to the css settings and found following:

The style

.reindeer .v-scrollable {overflow: auto;
font-size: 0;
line-height: normal;}

is used from Vaadin within my view. If I change on the fly the value ‘auto’ from ‘overflow’ to ‘visible’ the print preview is excellent, also in Chrome. All pages are visible without any scrollbar in the preview.

So in my style.scss I put following:

@media print {

.reindeer .v-scrollable {
    overflow: visible !important;
}

}

But this has no effect.
Has anyone an idea, what I can do, so that the print preview contains all pages?

Thanks!!

Hi, I was also at Same problem in my project…Can u got the solution for this…

I know this is little off this particular topic, but I have diferrent kind of issue, that you maybe already handled somehow.
When I try to print in Chrome, generated print preview has bad elements widths, ie every element is croped on the right side.
When I set body width explicitly in @media print block that matches a desired printed area I get appropriate preview (that is on my laptop screen) but on secondary large screen everything is croped again. I see that tables have regular width but inside table selectors dont.
16406.pdf (120 KB)
16407.png

Yes…I want to print scrollable content of window in multiple pages…is there any code example…i tired so many samples given vaadin sample book …but no one give proper solution

Try set overflow visible to all child components and see if you get any luck

That should be possible indeed. I have done this in a project years ago, but that was with Vaadin 6 era. I’m sure this has been done many times by many different developers. Somebody should implement good universal “@media print” defaults for Vaadin and share them in the Directory. Now that the Valo theme is just out, might be a sane moment to invest for that project. Solution wouldn’t of course fix all inconvenieces of web and printing, but could be “good enough” solution for most modern needs.

Those who want/need pixel perfects prints on all platforms will probably need to continue using some PDF library still for many years on.

cheers,
matti

I was facing an issue when trying to print the content more than one Page suddenly it throws an Error of wifi connection I also tried for [Epson Printer wifi Connection Problems]
(https://www.epsonsupport247.com/epson-printer-wifi-connect-error/) where I got many more updates regarding same.