Vaadin and AngularJS

I am very impressed with Vaadin, I have used it in a small application and was happy with the rapid development.

We are thinking about migrating our AngularJS Web app to Vaadin. It started as a prototype and then grew into a somehow large application. There are many disadvantages to a large JS Web apps. Maintance is one of them.

Did anyone attempt something similar before? Moving from JS MVC framework to Vaadin.

An incremental move would be ideal, since we can’t afford a complete rewrite at this time. Can we benefit from the Vaadin JS integration?

Any tips or advices will be great.

Kais how was your migration, have you tried to integrate some AngularJS into vaadin application?

We ended up re-writing most of the the application in Vaadin. Some parts are still using AngularJS.

The migration process was mainly manual, unfortunately …

Are you currently in a similar position?

Thanks for answer. No I’m not, Im just thinking to integrate some AngularJS applications with Vaadin.

Kais,
I would like to talk to you on the migration from AngularJs to Vaadin. Could you please let me know if thats ok?

Thanks,
Suresh.

Hello Suresh,

Yes it is ok, but as mentioned in the above post

We ended up re-writing most of the the application in Vaadin. Some parts are still using AngularJS.

The migration process was mainly manual, unfortunately …

Regards,
Kais

I’m mainly interested in the “Some parts are still using AngularJS” part. How do you run AngularJS inside the Vaadin app? Doesn’t that have any disadvantages?

Hi, for the sake of responsiveness, re-use, etc. our team sat down and came up w/ an add-in: https://vaadin.com/addon/vaangular (it’s Apache-Licensed). Let us know what you think…