Vaadin 7.1 Widgetset compilation error

I have been receiving this error while compiling my widgetsets. This did not occur in 7.1.0.beta1.

Loading inherited module ‘com.vaadin.Vaadin’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
The value ie10 was not previously defined.
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 64: Unexpected exception while processing element ‘set-property’
[INFO]
com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__set_property_end(ModuleDefSchema.java:667)
[INFO]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor10.invoke(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
[INFO]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeEnd(HandlerMethod.java:272)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.endElement(ReflectiveParser.java:172)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:347)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$200(ReflectiveParser.java:68)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:418)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:322)
[INFO]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__inherits_begin(ModuleDefSchema.java:493)

Are you using the latest eclipse plugin? Which way do you compile your widgetsets?

You probably have a mix of old and new Vaadin (or GWT) JARs on your classpath.

Check your dependencies and make sure they have been refreshed properly (this might also be a problem in IvyDE if not properly refreshed). Also check the dependency graph from Maven or Ivy to see if any add-on brings an old version of some Vaadin JARs as a transitive dependency and exclude it if necessary.

Thanks for the responses. I am building with maven and am not using the eclipse plugin. I have looked through the dependency tree and all vaadin libraries are version 7.1.0. The one gwt library that is provided is gwt-user which is version 2.5.1. I have searched through the issues too, I have not been able to find the issue that may have caused the change between 7.1.0.beta1 and the release.

You should not have any gwt-user library in your dependencies - its contents are included in vaadin-client.jar . The 7.1.0 version of vaadin-client added support for ie10 that is not yet in GWT 2.5.1, so that is where the conflict is coming from.

Hello, I am trying to compile my vaadin widgetset using my ant script. I am getting the following error when trying to compile. Any clue please?
compile-widgetset:
[java]
[ERROR]
Unexpected internal compiler error
[java]
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/google/gwt/thirdparty/guava/common/collect/MapMaker
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.(ModuleDefLoader.java:58)
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.run(Compiler.java:196)
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler$1.run(Compiler.java:170)
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.doRun(CompileTaskRunner.java:88)
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.CompileTaskRunner.runWithAppropriateLogger(CompileTaskRunner.java:82)
[java]
at com.google.gwt.dev.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:177)
[java]
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.thirdparty.guava.common.collect.MapMaker
[java]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[java]
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
[java]
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
[java]
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
[java]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[java]
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[java]
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
[java]
… 6 more

You are probably missing vaadin-shared-deps-1.0.2.jar (or whichever version your Vaadin version depends on) from your classpath.

The quickest way to download it might be from Maven central - see
this search

Hello Henry,
I have that jar in my class path already. I have downloaded this jar and compared with the contents of my jar. they are exactly the same. Earlier, I used same target with ivy dependency and it compiled fine. Now, we have removed the ivy dependency and after removal of dependency I am getting these problems.

Try to run Ivy so that you get output about all the modules that are included directly or transitively - also some IDE integrations of Ivy have a feature showing the Ivy dependency tree. Then check those modules against your classpath.