Issues With JUnit 4.11

[font=Times New Roman]
[size=7]
I’m Using Netbeans IDE 7.2 to run an automated test on a website for adding a user to the site, the code is exported from Vaadin Testbench-3.0.4. into JUnit-4.11 and I am currently using Vaadin 7. When running the test, it doesn’t seem to select the item in the table/list that I have told it to select, all selectable text on this list is marked as: "
XList.setMultiSelect(true);
", where “X”= the name of the list, so that multiple items can be selected together. The list that it is trying to select from is in a small pop-up window on the page (this window is part of the webpage) and only allows you to select objects in this list unless you click
Cancel

In addition to this, the web page that the pop-up comes from has a list that links to other groups of options (but still on the same admin page), where one of the options (not currently visible on the screen by this time in testing) carries the same name as the one I am trying to select in the mini window. Could this be affecting my results?

The test is running on
Google Chrome

I am an inexperienced programmer and, therefore, things that may appear obvious to you will not be obvious to me. So if there is anything that you believe may help me, then please post it.

Thanks for any answers given. :smiley:
[/size]
[/font]

Hello again,
I have been searching across the internet for help with this problem, and still have not come across anything that seems helpful
OR
it’s a case of me not recognizing something as useful information and over-looking it. An example of what I have been searching on Google:
netbeans IDE 7.2 selecting a web element from a list for testing
If anybody can suggest a different phrasing of this…or you know a site with anything you believe can help me, please let me know. Even if you think it is something so simple that I should already know, please post it just in case.

And once again, I appreciate any help that you can give me.