Openlayers Wrapper addon does not fully zoom in with google maps

Hello all,
I hope somebody already had (and solved) my problem since I searched a lot for a solution with no success.

The thing is I have a GoogleHybridMapLayer and a OpenStreetMapLayer but with the google hybrid I can only reach 2 or 3 levels less of zoom then what I get with OSM or going directly to google maps api on other apps. I even tested it on the openlayers google maps demos and they fully zoom in, so I assume it is a problem with the addon.

I tried everything i could think of and find on the web, including setting the setJsMapOptions params on the OpenLayersMap like this:

map.setJsMapOptions("{projection: "
                + "new OpenLayers.Projection(\"EPSG:102113\"),"
                + "units: \"m\","
                + "numZoomLevels: 20,"
                + "maxResolution: 156543.0339, "
                + "maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508, -20037508,20037508, 20037508.34)}");

This is crucial for our application since the user is required to set points that are very close to each other.

So, how can I achieve the same zoom level on openlayers wrapper than on reqular google maps api ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This should do it:

http://code.google.com/p/vopenlayers/source/detail?r=212

You can build a development build with the instructions from the project page.

cheers,
matti

Hello Matti, thanks for your help.

I checked out the SVN project with your latest update and the problem is solved.

There is one small detail, depending on what part of the world you are zooming in, with google satellite there might not be enough possible zoom-ins. So that should be limited manually to avoid a twitchy feeling in the non existing zoom levels. In my case I limited it to 20.

Thanks again!