Communication Problem after longer idle time

We are using Siteminder SSO.

After the SM-Session-Token is getting invalid (e.g. timeout) and the user presses any button in the webapplication the following error occurs:

How can we increase the appearance and change the text of the message?

Take note of any unsaved data, and click here to continue.

(SyntaxError= Sytaxfehler number -2146827296 description Syntaxfehler - Original JSON text AD → This page is used to hold your data while you are beeing authorized for your request.

You will be forwared to continue the authorization process. If this does not happen automcatically, please click the Continue button below.

Add the String “Vaadin-Refresh” (without quotes) somewhere on the SM-authorization-page (e. g. as a comment). This little trick forces Vaadin to load the page as HTML instead of interpreting it as UIDL, which obviously fails. The Message should be gone then.

The Message itself can be customized by overriding Application.getSystemMessages().

Thanks Tobias,.

where exactly to i have to add the string “vaadin-Refresh”? In the SM-authorization-page, means “outside” of the vaadin-app? This is a configuration “change” in the siteminder-environment?

The Message itself can be customized by overriding Application.getSystemMessages().
Means if i don’t do anything above, i can at least change the message wich will be shown?

Did i understand it?

I just checked our code.

We overwrite already the whole method:

In Our PorjectApplication (extends Application):

public static SystemMessages getSystemMessages() {
    CustomizedSystemMessages messages = new CustomizedSystemMessages();
    messages.setSessionExpiredCaption("Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen.");
    messages.setSessionExpiredMessage("Klicken Sie <u>hier</u> um fortzusetzen.");
    messages.setSessionExpiredNotificationEnabled(true);
    messages.setSessionExpiredURL(null);
    return messages;
}

So, how still can be shown the message of the screenshot?

Thanks for your help and hints!

Regards
Uwe

Yes, you would need to add the String “Vaadin-Refresh” outside the Vaadin-app into your SiteReminder-login-page. As you can see in the error-message, Vaadin tries to communicate with the server (send the button-click) but instead of an UIDL-response, the server sends the login-page. The Client cannot interpret that as JSON and therefore fails with a Syntax-Error. If the client would have found the String “Vaadin-Refresh” in the response, it would have rendered the HTML-page instead and wouldn’t have tried to interpret it as JSON.

In your getSystemMessages()-method you have only customized the Session-Expired-Messages, but not the ones for Communication-Error.

thanks a lot.

do you know where and how exactly we have to add the “vaadin-refresh” in the response? which token?

No ideas? :frowning:

I don’t know SiteReminder, but the page that gets sended instead of the awaited UIDL-response is shown inside the error-message you have posted in your very first post (“You will be forwarded to continue the authorization-process.”). On that HTML-page you must add the String “Vaadin-Refresh” for example as a comment.