Vaaclipse Framework (Eclipse 4 + Vaadin)

Vaaclipse
is a framework for building web applications using Eclipse 4 Platform and Vaadin. It allows to use the power of the Eclipse 4 in web development. Vaaclipse moves the Eclipse Platform to Web using the rich web capabilities of Vaadin. You create your web application using Eclipse 4 features such as Eclipse Workbench, Application Model, Dependency Injection. You provide your own application parts using Vaadin widget library.

About Eclipse 4.

Eclipse 4 (E4 in abbreviated form) is the future of the Eclipse Platform. E4 provides the new concepts that help you to create modern modular applications. The mission of the E4 project is to build a next generation platform for pervasive, component-based applications and tools.

Vaaclipse Framework in Vaadin Directory

See attached screenshots or try
Online Demos

Vaaclipse Wiki
contains Documentation and Tutorials. Follow to Wiki to start with framework.

You can ask any Vaaclipse related question in
Vaaclipse Forum
or in this theme.

You may get information about new versions and announcements using
Github Milestones
, in
Vaaclipse Forum
and in
Twitter
12722.png
12723.png

Hello Rushan Gilmullin,

first of all, this sounds nice. This is one thing I’m waiting for.
I tried three examples, the mediaplayer, cassandra and a new project with the “E4 Vaadin Eclipse new Project Wizard”. Its always the same. Something is starting with the following console-output:

VaadinE4Application.start()
Jan 10, 2013 1:05:09 PM com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.server.AbstractApplicationServlet checkProductionMode
WARNING:

Vaadin is running in DEBUG MODE.
Add productionMode=true to web.xml to disable debug features.
To show debug window, add ?debug to your application URL.

But when I try to access the url (for example http://localhost:8081/cassandra) nothing happend. The browser does not stop loading.
I use Mac OS X, perhaps this is the problem.
I also used to change the plugin list and added the plugins for the filesystem for Mac. But this does not had a positive effect.

I’m familiar with Eclipse RCP 3.x and a bit with e4, but not with vaadin.

Best regards,
Michael

Hello, Michael Wirth.

Is there any error messages in the eclipse console after accessing http://localhost:8081/mediaplayer? Also, try wait for a 2-3 minite, maybe error message is appear in a browser (for example “can not access widgetset”…).

Hi,

there is no error message in the console and no message in the browser.
If I stop the server then the browser shows an reaction an stops “searching”

If I have time to access an configure a windows pc I can try it there.

I did the same on a Windows PC and its running.
I also noticed the swing dialog. That dialog is also missing on Mac.

Thank you for your report. I have not a mac to solve this problem. If I will have time I’ll install the hacked mack on vitrual box and look at it. But you can help me to find the problem.

I see the stack trace above that registering servlet is OK. So, problem in the next call - showFrame method. Please open file VaadinE4Application and set breakpoint into first line of showFrame method. Then trace step by step this method and find the call with hang. If you have no time fo this opertaion, I can send you the version with log tracing.

This morning I did some more tests. The problem is the JFrame in VaadinE4Application.showFrame() can not be instantiated, exactly Toolkit.loadLibraries() hangs.
I did not found the problem why (in a simple Application I can create a JFrame) so I commented out the Swing stuff. Perhaps there is no right to access the UI in a server application.
After that I got the message “Failed to load the widget sets: /cassandra/VAADIN/…”.
I will go on …

No, it is like this bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=67384

About widgtset - if you receive this message, then the error print must be in your eclipse console. Please post here.

I setup my workspace again and did a refresh. After removing the Swing stuff the examples are running.

Thanks for the hint in bugzilla and for your help.

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Rushan Gilmullin,
I´m trying to use the ‘New Message Extension’ as mentioned in http://blog.vogella.com/2013/05/22/eclipse-internationalization-part-24-new-message-extension-by-dirk-fauth-and-tom-schindl/ at vaaclipse.
But unfortunately I received the following error:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.services.impl.TranslationObjectSupplier.getMessageInstance(TranslationObjectSupplier.java:125)
at org.eclipse.e4.tools.services.impl.TranslationObjectSupplier.get(TranslationObjectSupplier.java:77)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.resolveArgs(InjectorImpl.java:455)

Do you know this error and could you give me any support?
Thanks in advance.
Jose C. Dominguez