Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Remove component from the view fails

Viktor ViktorUK
10 years ago Nov 20, 2012 3:19pm

Hello!
I'm currently dealing with SlidingPanel from add-on ikaruswidget
I'm trying to remove this Panel from the view using removeComponent() when I receive some "special" event on the server-side(for example user clicked the button or window was resized). But the component is still visible on the view. I was trying to debug the data UI receives:

Before event:

-Response:
    -change format=uidl pid=PID0
    -com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VWindow id=PID0 height=590px width=815px immediate=true caption=ASM 5.0.7 name=1 theme=acs-reindeer resizable=true main=true        layoutRelativeHeight=true layoutRelativeWidth=true
          +variables
           -com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VVerticalLayout id=PID127 height=100.0% width=100.0% margins=0 alignments={} expandRatios={PID133:1,}
           +com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VHorizontalLayout
           +com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VPanel
           +com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VUriFragmentUtility
           [b]+com.velociti.ikarus.widget.client.ui.VIkarusSlidingPanel[/b]

After event:

-Response:
 -change format=uidl pid=PID0
    -com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VWindow id=PID0 height=995px width=1853px immediate=true caption=ASM 5.0.7 name=1 theme=acs-reindeer resizable=true   main=true layoutRelativeHeight=true layoutRelativeWidth=true
          +variables
                 -com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VVerticalLayout id=PID127 height=100.0% width=100.0% margins=0 alignments={} expandRatios={PID133:1,}
                 +com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VPanel
                 +com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.ui.VUriFragmentUtility

What I clearly see from the response - the widnow doesn't contain VIkarusSlidingPanel anymore - but in fact it is still their.
-The only thing that helps me - reload page.

Removing buttons from the window on the same event - works perfect.
SetVisible(false) doest work - I receive blank page when trying reload page after this.

Where possibly the problem is hidden? Can somebody help me with workaround?

Last updated on Nov, 20th 2012
Anatoly Popov
10 years ago Jan 29, 2013 2:47pm
Viktor ViktorUK
10 years ago Jan 29, 2013 3:10pm