Charts - Need to be able to update drilldown DataSeries when updating top l

I have an application that charts oil usage for certain machines. The information is pulled from a database. The chart updates depending on what week is specified.
I allow the user to scroll through weeks of the month, watching the chart change depending on the data for that week.
The top level displays the total oil used for that week per line. The drill down shows the oil used for that week per machine on a chosen line.
I use the update method to update the value for the line but I can’t find a way to update the drill down information when scrolling to a new week.
Here is some example code:

This is the initial setup when starting the application and there are data for the initial week, the drill-down works fine in this case:

DataSeriesItem l = new DataSeriesItem(line, lineTot);
                dataSeries.addItemWithDrilldown (l, machineDataSeries);

This updates the top-level DataSeries and works fine for the top-level chart, but does not update the drill-down DataSeries, so drill-down is not available:

DataSeriesItem item = dataSeries.get(line);
                item.setY(lineTot);
                dataSeries.update(item);

Thanks for any help
Mel

I recommend to check this example app which has drill down bubble chart. https://github.com/TatuLund/devday-demo-flow/blob/master/src/main/java/com/vaadin/devday/demo/views/ChartUtil.java#L108

Thanks for the reply Tatu, I have implemented the example that you pointed out and I’ve been examining it. It does have drill downs, but it is all static data once the application has started. The main DataSeries and drill down series’ are all added on startup of the application.
I need to be able to update the drill down series, or the data associated with it, when I update the main DataSeries.

So, when I do this:

DataSeriesItem item = dataSeries.get(line);
                item.setY(lineTot);
                dataSeries.update(item);

I need to be able to do something like this:

DataSeries drillDownSeries = dataSeries.getDrillDownSeries();

And then be able to update that drill down series with the new data.

I might have missed something in the getBubbleChart() code, if I did, please let me know, or if there is another way of doing what I need.

Thanks,
Mel