Uncaught client side exception

I am creating vaadin portlets using Liferay 6.1.1 and Vaadin 7 (2012-09-12 nightly build) . If I put 1 vaadin portlet on a page, it works fine. When I add a second vaadin portlet on the same page I get the following error…

Uncaught client side exception
JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot call method ‘ke’ of null

Hi,

we are having similar problems with Liferay 6 and Vaadin 6.8.x. When we add more than one Vaadin application to the page in most of the cases they are not loaded and we get "Uncaught ReferenceError: f1b(or some other functions) is not defined " exception. This works only in Firefox but when we use other browsers most of the times loading fails. It seems to be a Vaadin bug and it was already reported 3 months ago. More info
here
. This bug effects Vaadin 6.8.0+ versions. In Vaadin 6.8 a compatibility with Google SuperDevMode was added, that caused this problem. You can see code changes related to SuperDevMode
here
We have found a workaround for this issue. We have not tried it with Vaadin 7 but it works in 6.8.x versions. To get it working we extend ApplicationPortlet2 class. Then we override and modify writeAjaxPageHtmlVaadinScripts method so that it would not be calling writeAjaxPageWidgetset. We also override writeAjaxPageScriptWidgetset method and put old code there.

Marius