Timeout problem

We have a Spring-Jetty-Vaadin8 webapplication where users are complaining about ‘Session expired’ timeouts.
The timeout is set to 20 minutes but often a few minutes inactivity triggers the ‘Session expired’ event.
I have implemented a SessionDestroyListener and in this I log the lastRequestTimestamp from the expired VaadinSession.
And the users has a point, there are daily several examples of expired sessions where lastRequestTimestamp is few minutes old.
What is going on?

There has been such issue documented with earlier Vaadin 8 releases and Jetty 9.4, but it should have been fixed since Vaadin 8.6, see https://github.com/vaadin/framework/issues/10898

Hi Tatu.
Thanks for your reply, but I don’t think our problem is related to the mentioned issue.
We use Jetty 9.3.16 and it’s not all users that experience the ‘too early’ timeouts.
I don’t understand what triggers the SessionDestroyEvent - both lastRequestTimestamp in the VaadinSession and lastAccessedTime in the WrappedSession is ‘younger’ than the maxInactiveInterval in the WrappedSession.