GridPro ItemClickEvent - How to determine which cell is clicked on?

I could do this in Vaadin 8 using ItemClickListener on a Grid. In 10+ it looks like we now use ItemClickEvent.getColumn, but now I see no equivalent method in ItemClickEvent. I can get the row, but not the column. Any ideas, or a workaround?

I need a mechanism to edit a parameter that is associated with each cell, stored in the dataprovider object, but not the one displayed in that cell.

I am using 14-beta2, so I can potentially use a custom editor for this if I can figure out how. I need to initialize the value in the editor component to something other then the cell value to make it work properly.

// Using a native input as the editor field for the column
Input customInput = new Input();
grid.addEditColumn(Calculation::getValue)
    .custom(customInput, (item, newValue) -> item.setSecondaryValue(newValue))
    .setHeader("Value")
    .setWidth("300px");

I have the same requirement and I was happy to discover, that this feature is planned for Vaadin 14.1:
https://github.com/orgs/vaadin/projects/1#card-27921171

Some of us feel much more comfortable with java than with the various client side technologies.
In 14.0 I was able to include a Polymer button in the grid, but the look is not appealing.
Client technologies tend to vary more over time than the java technology.
I look forward to Vaadin 14.1!

Håkan Arvidsson:
I have the same requirement and I was happy to discover, that this feature is planned for Vaadin 14.1:
https://github.com/orgs/vaadin/projects/1#card-27921171

Some of us feel much more comfortable with java than with the various client side technologies.
In 14.0 I was able to include a Polymer button in the grid, but the look is not appealing.
Client technologies tend to vary more over time than the java technology.
I look forward to Vaadin 14.1!

Do you know if this was addressed in 14.1? The link doesn’t appear to go directly to an issue.

Hi Steven

I forgot about this issue.
In 14.1 the standard Grid takes an ItemClickListener with an ItemClickEvent.
This event holds among other things the column:

myGrid.addItemClickListener(event -> {
	MyItem myItem = event.getItem();
	Column<MyItem> col = event.getColumn();
});

From my point of view this issue is resolved.

Håkan Arvidsson:
Hi Steven

I forgot about this issue.
In 14.1 the standard Grid takes an ItemClickListener with an ItemClickEvent.
This event holds among other things the column:

myGrid.addItemClickListener(event -> {
	MyItem myItem = event.getItem();
	Column<MyItem> col = event.getColumn();
});

From my point of view this issue is resolved.

Great thank you, that is exactly what we were looking for. To expand on this, it would be nice if the same event.getColumn were available inside a GridContextMenu listener as well.