Where is the WebComponents documentation?

Gentlfolk,
I’m hoping I’ve just missed something but the documentation for the vaadin web components seems to be a mess.

I’ve done a large amount of googling and the best I’ve come up with is:

Go to the vaadin components directory:
https://vaadin.com/components

Find the component of interest.
Click the github link to the latest release (blue icon at the top of the page)
From github in the readme click the ‘API Documentation’

We then find some reasonable documentation.

But that documentation doesn’t have a table of contents (as you might expect) so there is no way to navigate to other components.
Instead if you want to see the doco on another component that you have to go through the above process again.

Have I missed something?

We clearly have one of two problems:

1. the doco exists in a singluar coherent linked location but its too hard to find.
  2. or the there is no coherent singular location where we can go to browse documentation.

Which ever is the answer, this really needs to be fixed.

Brett

Hi Brett!

Sorry about the documentation. You’re right, there’s work to be done for that. Thanks for the feedback.

That said, it should be a little more straightforward than what you described:

1. Go to any component page on vaadin.com/components
  2. Click the “API” tab to browse the same docs as where your description ends up. Though, the UI is not the same.

For example: https://vaadin.com/components/vaadin-combo-box/html-api

i saw the api section and to be frank i wouldn’t call that documentation.
it’s completely missing core information.
i was trying to use the app layout from that Doco and had no hope of getting it to work.

this is really fundamental stuff so i don’t understand how is been missed !

Can I still ask, was is some specific type of documentation that you looked for that was missing or hard to find?

From your previous message I’m assuming it had something to do with taking the component into use – would that be correct?