Google Maps Component

I’m trying to create a google-map component based on polymer template. Using good-map (from Vaadin directory) I can do it successfully. But using google-map (also from Vaadin directory), I can’t. Is there a simple working sample for this? There’s few documentation about it. Thanks.

Yes, frustrating lack of resources… At the end I wrapped google map polymer in my own polymer. Made it work at the end (exploiting the fact that I can communicate with javascript easily with my polymer), though I know this is not how it is supposed to be done.

Goran Sliskovic:
Yes, frustrating lack of resources… At the end I wrapped google map polymer in my own polymer. Made it work at the end (exploiting the fact that I can communicate with javascript easily with my polymer), though I know this is not how it is supposed to be done.

Could you attach the files here so I can learn how you did it? Anything that works is enough for me. Thanks

Well, this is awful code Frankenstein, however it does show the map. I know that I’m missing a lot. :slight_smile:

17514752.zip (26.3 KB)

Goran Sliskovic:
Well, this is awful code Frankenstein, however it does show the map. I know that I’m missing a lot. :slight_smile:

Your Frankenstein just saved my life, it works perfectly. Thanks for your help.

Glad to help… Please note that this is quick and dirty implementation (for example adding marker or polyline one by one is not very efficient if you have large numbers, you could pass array etc), but I’ll guess it’s good for a start.