Grid CallbackDataProvider filtering

I generally user ListDataProvider for grids, and if I have a filter field I add a listener to it such as

filterField.addValueChangeListener(event -> {
			addFilter();
});

and this is add filter method;

private void addFilter() {
		((InMemoryDataProvider<Person>) getDataProvider()).addFilter(person -> {
			return filtering(person);
		});
}

and filtering method;

private boolean filtering(Person person){
	if(person.getName().contains(filterField.getValue())){
		return true;
	}else
		return false;
}

This is a simple version of my filter mechanism, but I generally have multiple filters for grids. But I need to use lazy loading at one of my grids, because the size of the data list is very large. I managed the lazy loading feature by using this code;

setDataProvider((sortOrders, offset,
				limit) -> personService.getAll(offset, limit).stream(),
				() -> personService.countAll());

But when I use this dataprovider, since it is a CallbackDataProvider , I cant user the filter mechanism that I wrote above, it returns the error,
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.vaadin.data.provider.CallbackDataProvider cannot be cast to com.vaadin.data.provider.InMemoryDataProvider

Is there a way to filter the current data of grid while using lazy loading, I know I can filter the data at database but I don’t want to do filtering at DB.

I would also like to get an answer to that. Thanks.

Have you found the solution for this?

Unfortunately I could not, as a temporary solution I changed my filter function, I wrote a query that takes all of the filter fields as parameters, at every value change I am changing the dataprovider with new List of items.

might as well do the same… lol