Unable to install vaadin plugin for eclipse

Been trying to install the vaadin plugin for eclipse oxygen.2 and i keep getting an unable to collect items to install error. Pls anyone with a solution.

Looks like a network connectivity problem. Does it provide any additional diagnostic details and/or logs?

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=C__Users_Uchenna_eclipse_jee-oxygen_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at http://vaadin.com/eclipse/plugins/com.vaadin.designer2_2.2.3.jar.
Premature end of Content-Length delimited message body (expected: 254939810; received: 82942418

This is the full error msg. I am a bit skeptical about it being a network issue cause i have installed other plugins during this period. in fact this msg is from a request fied just now

Hi, it seems that you hit some random interrupted connection issue. We are investigating it.
Meanwhile, you can download and install the plugin offline with the instruction from https://vaadin.com/docs/v10/designer/designer-faq.html#how-can-i-download-the-designer-for-offline-installation

Let me know if you are still not able to install it :slight_smile:

i had alredy previously downloaded the offline installation zip file but it flags that it cant find the jar file at that path.

Ugwu Uchenna:
i had alredy previously downloaded the offline installation zip file but it flags that it cant find the jar file at that path.

Let me make it clearer. There are two instructions in the above link:

• For eclipse: If you downloaded the plugin with command in the faq link, your “destination folder” should include 2 folders (“features”, “plugins”) and a jar (“artifacts.jar”). Then you can install them in Eclipse: Help → Install New Software… → Add → Local… → Select your “desitination folder”
  • For intellij: You can download the plugin as zip file and install as https://www.jetbrains.com/help/idea/installing-a-plugin-from-disk.html

Anw, does the connection issue happen to everynow and then?

i have run the command and now have the my localsite update folder but eclipse is still not recognizing it is there like a command that can install the contents of the folder at the command line

Installing from the market place is now giving a different error. something about an error occuring in check trust phase. pls this is very frustrating i spent close to 6gig just trying to install vaadin didnt have any issue with the other plugins

TBH, I have nerver had that kind of issues, either from the update site or the marketplace.
I downloaded and compressed the update site into this zip: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bcGeshHSXGlOxQOD1147lOic1ygWwhYE/view
You can try to unzip and add it as a local repository in eclipse.
I hope this will work :slight_smile:

let me try, will get back to you.

still not working, no site found at my specified path

Did you unzip the file and select the folder? Select directly the zip file won’t work

bro i have done all that, i wasnt installing the zip

An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.
session context was:(profile=C__Users_Uchenna_eclipse_jee-oxygen_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).
Error reading signed content.
Exception in opening zip file: C:\Users\Uchenna.p2\pool\plugins\com.vaadin.designer.perspective_0.1.1.jar

This is the msg i get installing the unzipped file i downloaded from ur google drive account, any ideas. really appriciate your help so far. On not recognising the jar file i actually unzipped to a folder not knowing there was an inner vaading folder by default

Tien sorted it out, needed to rename the artifact.xml file in eclipse’s root directory. Really grateful for your help.

same problem here, cannot install from local , keep continue looking online. i put what i downloaded in .p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache/downloading, after install normally and all is working

Thanks for the information you provided, they are very helpful to me

romeo teon:
same problem here, cannot install from local , keep continue looking online. i put what i downloaded in .p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository/cache/downloading, after install normally and all is working

Hello, I am new in this. How do you make it???