Compile Error with GWT 2.8.2

Please help. I just upgraded fom Vaadin 8.1.5 to 8.1.7 which changed the GWT-Libs from 2.8.1 to 2.8.2. Till then the widgetset compilation breaks with lots of errors like this:
[java]
[ERROR]
Unable to find class java/lang/Object
[ERROR]
Unable to find class java/lang/Enum
[java]
[ERROR]
Unable to resolve type java/lang/String of argument arg0
[java]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘java.lang.Object’
[java]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/Object.java’
[java]
[ERROR]
java.lang.String cannot be resolved to a type
[java]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘com/google/gwt/core/client/JavaScriptObject.java’
[java]
[ERROR]
[java]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/Throwable.java’
[java]
[ERROR]
[java]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/Class.java’
[java]
[ERROR]
[java]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘com/google/gwt/emul/java/lang/String.java’
[java]
[ERROR]
Line 31: The import javax.annotation cannot be resolved
Seems that the compiler can’t resolve the java.lang classes. As soon as I change the gwt-user-2.8.2.jar back to 2.8.1 the compilation works. I read that something changed in 2.8.2 with the use of JSInterop? Is the problem related to this? Please can somebody help me with this?

Hi Tatu… I don’t use Maven, it’s just a simple Ant-Buildfile that I use to start the GWT compiler. So I don’t have an .m2 cache.

Try to delete GWT 2.8.2 from .m2 cache and try again. Atleast for me it has happened sometimes so that, at first attempt the jars are broken. But with couple tries maven downloaded them correctly.

Thanks for updating. Yes, that confirms that on first attempt the jar download had failed. Issue was the same I had with maven, although you did not have maven.

I just found out that the file
gwt-dev-2.8.2.jar
from the Vaadin distribution

vaadin-all-8.1.7

is my problem. I replaced it with the original gwt-dev.jar from the GWT 2.8.2 distribution (which is significantly larger) and after that my widgetset compilation suceeds.