Context Menu Children Do Not Show

I am experiencing behavior with context menus where children of an item do not show up in version 7.7.7 not 7.7.10. I reverted back to 7.6.8 and it works fine. I get a cryptic Javascript error which I interpret to be the equivalent of a NullPointerException:

Thu Jun 15 12:20:25 GMT-400 2017 com.vaadin.client.ApplicationConfiguration SEVERE: (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'bc' of undefinedcom.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) : Cannot read property 'bc' of undefined My code did not change between switching versions, but this is how I am constructing the context menu:

private com.vaadin.addon.contextmenu.MenuItem copyMenuItem( final MenuItem menuItem )
    {
        com.vaadin.addon.contextmenu.MenuItem contextMenuItem = addItem(
                Strings.isNullOrEmpty( menuItem.getText() ) ? menuItem.getDescription() : menuItem.getText(),
                menuItem.getIcon(),
                convertCommandFromMenuItem( menuItem ) );

contextMenuItem.setDescription( menuItem.getDescription() );
        contextMenuItem.setEnabled( menuItem.isEnabled() );
        contextMenuItem.setVisible( menuItem.isVisible() );

if ( menuItem.hasChildren() )
        {
            for ( MenuItem childMenuItem : menuItem.getChildren() )
            {
                contextMenuItem.addItem( childMenuItem.getText(), childMenuItem.getIcon(),
                        convertCommandFromMenuItem( childMenuItem ) );
            }
        }

return contextMenuItem;
    }

private com.vaadin.addon.contextmenu.Menu.Command convertCommandFromMenuItem( final MenuItem menuItem )
    {
        if ( menuItem.getCommand() == null )
            return null;

return new com.vaadin.addon.contextmenu.Menu.Command()
        {
            private static final long serialVersionUID = 2629955184138771256L;

@Override
            public void menuSelected( com.vaadin.addon.contextmenu.MenuItem selectedItem )
            {
                menuItem.getCommand().menuSelected( menuItem );
            }
        };
    }

The info on the page seems not be very clear. But as you change from Vaadin 7.6.x to 7.7.x you need to update you ContextMenu add-on dependency to version 0.7.5

https://github.com/vaadin/context-menu/issues/52

I moved to Vaadin 7.7.9 and set my vaadin-context-menu version to 0.7.5 as you suggested and it is happy.

Thanks for the suggestion, I would have never figured that out based on the addon page.