Maven & eclipse plugin for devMode

Hi,

I currently use maven on my project but I would like to work this more client side component.

I start with this wiki link https://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Debugging+Vaadin+applications. In that way, I install eclipse plugin, change facet to include vaadin and try to create a launch configuration. When I click on apply, a pop up notice that I have to recompile widgetset and I have this error:

10 juil. 2012 14:44:37 com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.widgetsetutils.ClassPathExplorer getAvailableWidgetSets
INFO: Search took 46ms
Done.
Starting GWT compiler
10 juil. 2012 14:44:37 com.vaadin.tools.WidgetsetCompiler$1 run
GRAVE: Widgetset compilation failed
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.gwt.dev.GWTCompiler

Did I miss something? Or there is a method to do the same with maven?

Regards

Aurélien

For compiling the widgetset with Maven, see e.g.
the book
(also see the earlier parts of that chapter) or
Directory help page

I usually prefer to handle the widgetset (“mvn vaadin:update-widgetset”, “mvn gwt:compile”), starting servers (“mvn jetty:run”, …) etc. with Maven in a Maven project and with Eclipse in a non-Maven project. You can run the server target from Eclipse using “Debug As… → Maven …”. To run GWT debug mode, start “mvn gwt:run” (suitably configured for remote debugging - see Vaadin Maven archetypes) - but you need to connect to it with a remote debugger as the interesting process is not the one Maven first starts.

You can also use the new
SuperDevMode
if using GWT 2.5 - no need for browser plug-ins with it, but you need Google Chrome for source maps to work.