vaadin 7 grid change value in cell

I am looking for few days for some solution but I can’t find :slight_smile: I have grid with Beanitemcontainer. When user open it can see some data shown in a grid - user can select multiple rows. What I need is some way to find exactly specified row and update values in cell (probably 2 cells)- nothing else can’t be changed (for example if row is selected must stay selected after values change). Is there any way to achieve this? Or to use some other container or other element?

Do you mean that you want to set some columns not editable? That is set by setEditable(…) method of the Column. See

https://vaadin.com/api/7.7.8/com/vaadin/ui/Grid.Column.html#setEditable-boolean-

You can get column with Grid.getColumn(“propertyname”) method.

No, I don’t want grid to be editable, I want to change data in grid from “background”, need to pick a row based on a value from one cell, then to change value in another two cell, and return to grid new values so user can see it… I am not sure if you unerstand me :slight_smile:

I have found solution - I get row with container.getIdByIndex(i) make changes and then grid.refreshRows(container.getIdByIndex(i)) :slight_smile:

Yes, that is one approach. I am glad to hear you got it working.