JS Grid 1.2.0 - Cannot set property 'colSpan' of undefined

I’m running into this crippling bug:

1. Set all columns as “hidable”.
  2. “hide” more than 1 column by using the built in dropdown menu.
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the grid.
  4. Try turning all hidden columns to visible… <BOOOM!>, you get:

Cannot set property ‘colSpan’ of undefined

5. The grid is now crippled, the only solution is to refresh.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘colSpan’ of undefinedwu @ vaadin-grid.min.js:239Iu @ vaadin-grid.min.js:241_.Yc @ vaadin-grid.min.js:241_.Id @ vaadin-grid.min.js:409iz @ vaadin-grid.min.js:310Gz @ vaadin-grid.min.js:318$x @ vaadin-grid.min.js:323gA @ vaadin-grid.min.js:334DC @ vaadin-grid.min.js:416Pr @ vaadin-grid.min.js:422_.tb @ vaadin-grid.min.js:187Sg @ vaadin-grid.min.js:58Pd @ vaadin-grid.min.js:631
vaadin-grid.min.js:239 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property ‘colSpan’ of undefinedwu @ vaadin-grid.min.js:239Iu @ vaadin-grid.min.js:241_.Yc @ vaadin-grid.min.js:241_.Id @ vaadin-grid.min.js:409iz @ vaadin-grid.min.js:310Gz @ vaadin-grid.min.js:318Ly @ vaadin-grid.min.js:350$x @ vaadin-grid.min.js:323Xx @ vaadin-grid.min.js:285fy @ vaadin-grid.min.js:337_.tb @ vaadin-grid.min.js:400Sg @ vaadin-grid.min.js:58Pd @ vaadin-grid.min.js:631
vaadin-grid.min.js:57 Uncaught Class$S192: Exception caught: (TypeError) : Cannot set property ‘colSpan’ of undefined(anonymous function) @ vaadin-grid.min.js:57

Hi Alex, thanks for the report!

Sounds like a bug in the grid. If you want to, you can add an issue about this in the
GitHub repo
. A jsbin/jsfiddle that reproduces the bug would be great as well.

That said, I encourage you to try out vaadin-grid 2.0 (currently alpha4, beta probably next week), which hopefully doesn’t have similar bugs related to hidden columns and column grouping/colspans.

vaadin-grid 2.0 demos/examples

Migrating from 1.2 to 2.0

Hi Jouni,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I’ll try to share a fiddle, but we’re loading the grid in Dart and without any further changes, we see the bug.
Thanks for the heads up, we’re definately going to keep an eye out for 2.0.

Alex