Root window not being called

I did some development on my desktop with Tomcat and everything was working fine. That is, my root window’s init() method is being called and my application is running properly.

Now I have deployed my artifacts (war file) to an Oracle Application Server 10g runtime environment.

This is the last line of debug output that I see:

14:45:17,038 DEBUG iwam:30 - PositionManagementApplication: initialized.

Which corresponds to this Application constructor:

public PositionManagementApplication() {
		super();
		IWAMUtils.getIwamLog().debug("PositionManagementApplication: initialized.");
	}

I have a similar line at the beginning of the init() method of my Root() class, but this is never displayed. My Application class seems to be getting loaded and executed, but I don’t see any output from my Root class.

In the browser I have a blank page with the wait wheel just sitting there spinning in the middle. I can put my application into debug mode (?debug) and I get the debug window to display, but it is empty, and so is the main browser window.

Unfortunately, I have no way to run this in a debugger in this runtime environment. This is a java 1.5 environment, but then so is my desktop.

Any ideas why my Root class is not being called in my Oracle AS run time environment (when everything is working fine with the same war file on my desktop with Tomcat)?

You are instancing an Application instead of a Root.
See wiki.

Or maybe you need to override getRoot in your Application class:
See javadocs