Widgetset cannot be specified as an init-param in web.xml, after 7.7.0 upgr

In my Vaadin application, I have my own widgetset specified like below in web.xml.

<init-param> <param-name>widgetset</param-name> <param-value>com.foo.bar.AppWidgetSet</param-value> </init-param> And, I had placed my AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml file in src/main/java/com/foo/bar/AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml

This setup worked fine until I upgraded to vaadin 7.7.0 (from 7.6.8). After upgrade, I got following error, when I try to access the app through a browser.

INFO: Requested resource [/VAADIN/widgetsets/AppWidgetset/AppWidgetset.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder. It seems like vaadin is looking for a different location for the widgetset, so I placed my AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml in the root of the classpath (src/main/java/AppWidgetSet.gwt.xml) and re-built the app.

Then it worked again.

Is specifying the widgetset as an init param no longer available? Do I have to place the widgetset xml in the root of the classpath itself?

Hello Lahiru,
no, everything is still available and has to work. At least, it works in my project as expected. What version of servlet do you use? And have you tried to clean and install the project several times? Sometimes it also helps.

Check your vaadin plugin configuration to make sure that you have specified proper place to output compiled widgetset static resources which correspond to “webappDirectory” property.