Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

can't create new theme

Francesco M
1 decade ago Mar 22, 2010 5:02pm
David Wall
1 decade ago Mar 22, 2010 5:58pm
Jouni Koivuviita
1 decade ago Mar 22, 2010 6:27pm
Francesco M
1 decade ago Mar 23, 2010 11:22am
Francesco M
1 decade ago Mar 23, 2010 5:15pm
David Wall
1 decade ago Mar 23, 2010 6:35pm
Marko Grönroos
1 decade ago Mar 23, 2010 6:53pm
Francesco M
1 decade ago Mar 24, 2010 11:40pm
Mike Bailey
1 decade ago Jan 13, 2011 11:46pm
Ishita S
7 years ago Jul 02, 2014 9:14am
Marius Reinwald
7 years ago Jul 02, 2014 9:24am
Ishita S
7 years ago Jul 07, 2014 9:32am
Marius Reinwald
7 years ago Jul 07, 2014 9:39am
Ishita S
7 years ago Jul 07, 2014 9:59am
Marius Reinwald
7 years ago Jul 07, 2014 11:07am
Ishita S
7 years ago Jul 07, 2014 12:30pm
Ishita S
7 years ago Jul 08, 2014 6:14am
Victoria Agafonova
6 years ago Feb 10, 2016 9:21pm

I've just faced the same problem. And I guess I've found a little bug in the maven vaadin plugin.
(My dev environment is: Jetty + IntelliJ IDEA + project-created-from-maven-archetype).
According to log files, maven vaadin-compile plugin completed successfully:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]                                                                         
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Building foo 0.1
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] 
[INFO] >>> jetty-maven-plugin:9.2.3.v20140905:run (default-cli) > test-compile @ foo >>>
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- vaadin-maven-plugin:7.6.2:update-theme (default) @ foo ---
[INFO] Updating theme VAADIN\themes\mytheme
[INFO] Widgetsets found from classpath:
[INFO]     ru.my.pac.MyAppWidgetset in file://C/IdeaProjects/���/Foo/target/classes
[INFO]     com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Applications/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin-client/7.6.2/vaadin-client-7.6.2.jar!/
[INFO] Addon styles found from classpath:
[INFO] 
[INFO] Search took 18ms
[INFO] Theme "VAADIN\themes\mytheme" updated
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- vaadin-maven-plugin:7.6.2:compile-theme (default) @ foo ---
[INFO] Updating theme VAADIN\themes\mytheme
[INFO] Theme "VAADIN\themes\mytheme" compiled
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.6:resources (default-resources) @ foo ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 7 resources
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:3.3:compile (default-compile) @ foo ---
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] 
[INFO] --- vaadin-maven-plugin:7.6.2:update-widgetset (default) @ foo ---
[INFO] auto discovered modules [ru.my.pac.MyAppWidgetset]
[INFO] Updating widgetset ru.my.pac.MyAppWidgetset
[INFO] Adding resource directory to command classpath: C:\IdeaProjects\Кла\Foo\src\main\resources
[INFO] Widgetsets found from classpath:
[INFO]     ru.my.pac.MyAppWidgetset in file://C/IdeaProjects/���/Foo/src/main/resources
[INFO]     com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet in jar:file:C:/Applications/.m2/repository/com/vaadin/vaadin-client/7.6.2/vaadin-client-7.6.2.jar!/
[INFO] Addon styles found from classpath:
///bla-bla-bla
[INFO] Started Jetty Server

But every try to use custom theme I faced the same error:

INFO: Requested resource [/VAADIN/themes/mytheme/styles.css] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Also, I was not able to open styles.css via browser, like this: http://localhost:8080/VAADIN/themes/mytheme/styles.css Finally, I've changed the location of my project, moving it from "Кла" folder to "fld" folder. Now everything works fine for me. And, yep, I know, it's bad to use not Latin letters in system paths, but technically it looks like the plugin bug..