DontPushOzoneLayer addon NPE with multiple windows.

Hi

I’m getting the following stack trace with the DontPushOzoneLayer addon. It happens when I try to access a window other than the main window in the application.
Before using the addon, I could access the window successfully, but now I cannot.

This is my configuration:

Vaadin 6.7.6
Guice-Servlet: 3.0
DontPushOzoneLayer: 0.4.6
Jetty: 8.1.2

<servlet>
        <description>AtmosphereServlet</description>
        <servlet-name>AtmosphereServlet</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <!-- prevent deadlocks -->
            <param-name>org.atmosphere.disableOnStateEvent</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
        <!--Uncomment if you want to use Servlet 3.0 Async Support -->
        <async-supported>true</async-supported>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>AtmosphereServlet</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/UIDL/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

[b]
[size=2]

[/size]Stack Trace:
[/b]

WARN [Atmosphere-AsyncWrite-0]
 - Serializer exception: message: 4dc5bdb9-edc8-4edf-8833-ab478326d8c9
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereResponse$1.write(AtmosphereResponse.java:297)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.writeBytes(StreamEncoder.java:202)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlushBuffer(StreamEncoder.java:272)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implFlush(StreamEncoder.java:276)
	at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.flush(StreamEncoder.java:122)
	at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.flush(OutputStreamWriter.java:212)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.flush(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:246)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.heartbeat(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:235)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.write(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:211)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.write(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:190)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtAtmosphereResourceImpl$3.write(GwtAtmosphereResourceImpl.java:270)
	at org.atmosphere.handler.AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.onStateChange(AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.java:86)
	at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster.broadcast(DefaultBroadcaster.java:801)
	at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster.executeAsyncWrite(DefaultBroadcaster.java:716)
	at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster$3.run(DefaultBroadcaster.java:749)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
DEBUG [Atmosphere-AsyncWrite-0]
 - onException()
java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.atmosphere.handler.AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.onStateChange(AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.java:89)
	at org.atmosphere.cpr.DefaultBroadcaster.executeAsyncWrite(DefaultBroadcaster.java:716)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.flush(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:246)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.heartbeat(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:235)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.write(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:211)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtResponseWriterImpl.write(GwtResponseWriterImpl.java:190)
	at org.atmosphere.gwt.server.impl.GwtAtmosphereResourceImpl$3.write(GwtAtmosphereResourceImpl.java:270)
	at org.atmosphere.handler.AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.onStateChange(AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.java:86)
	... 9 more
DEBUG [Atmosphere-AsyncWrite-0]
 - connection thre exception; cleaning up
java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.atmosphere.handler.AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.onStateChange(AbstractReflectorAtmosphereHandler.java:89)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	... 9 more

Figured it out.

As my servlets are configured by guice, the order was incorrect. Merely switching them around solved the problem.
When the order was incorrect, I couldn’t serve “/*” with my vaadin servlet, so I changed it to “/”.

Now that the atmosphere servlet is configured first, I can serve “/*” successfully with my vaadin servlet.

EDIT:

How do I address the “You have set an infinite timeout for your comet connection…” warning?
Where should this be configured and does it matter?