Logging out causes issues with touchkit components

I post a question on
stackoverflow
and received little response so thought I would come to the experts for some help.

I’ve been developing a mobile application using the Vaadin TouchKit framework and came across a weird issue that happens inconsistently. Upon logging out the user should be directed to the login page but sometimes gets this message:

Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for com.vaadin.addon.touchkit.ui.VerticalComponentGroup. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions.

Now this is surprising, since it has been working fine and this only happens some of the time. If it happened consistenly, it would be a lot easier to debug. I’ve also (So far) only been able to get it to appear in the desktop version of Chrome (Where I’m testing/debugging). Once this message appears, the website will no longer load properly and loses access the Touchkit standard formatting. The only way to clear the message is to go to the site chrome://appcache-internals/ and clear any Vaadin data stored there. Once done, a refresh causes the site to start working again.

The code that I am doing during the logout is as follows:

VaadinService.getCurrentRequest().getWrappedSession().invalidate(); if (this.ui != null) { this.ui.getPage().reload(); this.ui.getNavigator().navigateTo(LoginView.NAME); } Where ui is a com.vaadin.ui.UI object.

The question, am I doing something wrong during the logout that is considered bad practice that is causing this issue? Is this a bug in desktop chrome that I have to live with? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the version numbers:
Vaadin 7.3.1
Touchkit 4.0.0
Chrome 49.0.2623.87 m