Important Notice - Forums is archived

To simplify things and help our users to be more productive, we have archived the current forum and focus our efforts on helping developers on Stack Overflow. You can post new questions on Stack Overflow or join our Discord channel.

Product icon
TUTORIAL

Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.

Webinar: Free Support week kickoff

Artem Godin
6 years ago Feb 11, 2016 10:22pm
Marcond Marchi
6 years ago Feb 15, 2016 1:08pm
Marcond Marchi
6 years ago Feb 15, 2016 1:18pm
Chris McGee
6 years ago Feb 15, 2016 1:30pm
Tatu Lund
6 years ago Feb 15, 2016 1:57pm

Marcond Marchi: Insteresting, sometimes very specific questions arise before the project takes full shape. What kind of question would be good to submit to support instead of the forum? It comes to my mind one I'm facing, which is:

Q: To create custom components with complex javascript, are there any downsides on using AbstractJavaScriptComponent instead of the traditional GWT-centric way?

Is this a "support question" or a "forum question"?

Hi Marcond,

That is a good question. I would say that both are applicable in some cases. Especially in questions like you posted, there is an overlap. Sometimes it is difficult to get community answers for very special questions or atleast it takes long, since people answer here on their spare time. The purpose of the Forum is to be a peer support. It is a bit similar thing that with topics of health, there are forums available for those kinds of questions as well. And you may post question in there, and still also visit a GP / doctor for an annother answer too. Also, in some cases your application specific details may be too confidential to be disclosed in public forum.

Br. Tatu

Tatu Lund
6 years ago Feb 15, 2016 2:00pm