Webinar: Free Support week kickoff

This webinar kickstart the free support week and you’ll learn how to get free support directly from the Vaadin team. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Ask anything related to Vaadin and get help from the Vaadin support team – the same team that helps all our commercial customers with hands-on code examples to Q&A. Join the webinar to know more about how to be able to join the free support week and ask your questions under NDA.

The webinar is hosted by Ville Ingman and Tatu Lund from Vaadin.

Webinar takes place on Monday February 15, 2016 @ 2PM CET

embedyoutube=471h-pMIy_Y

See
https://vaadin.com/webinars
for other past and upcoming webinars.

You can post your questions below, thank you!

Insteresting, sometimes very specific questions arise before the project takes full shape. What kind of question would be good to submit to support instead of the forum? It comes to my mind one I’m facing, which is:

Q: To create custom components with complex javascript, are there any downsides on using AbstractJavaScriptComponent instead of the traditional GWT-centric way?

Is this a “support question” or a “forum question”?

Also, when I subscribed to Pro Account some years ago, it had 1 hour of support included, each month. Does it still works that way?

One more: when I head to Support section, it shows “You have 0.0 prepaid support hours left”. Can I also buy support hours on demand? There are different silver, gold and platinum hours (regarding response time)?

How much hand-holding will this support week offer? I ask because I do have a some experience with Java (and Javascript), but very little with web development. I have a project and know exactly how it should look, behave, etc., but I’m having major difficulties in knowing exactly how to get it working. (e.g., the best way of retrieving the data from a database, displaying it in an editable treetable with checkboxes, etc.)

Hi Marcond,

That is a good question. I would say that both are applicable in some cases. Especially in questions like you posted, there is an overlap. Sometimes it is difficult to get community answers for very special questions or atleast it takes long, since people answer here on their spare time. The purpose of the Forum is to be a peer support. It is a bit similar thing that with topics of health, there are forums available for those kinds of questions as well. And you may post question in there, and still also visit a GP / doctor for an annother answer too. Also, in some cases your application specific details may be too confidential to be disclosed in public forum.

Br. Tatu

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the question. We are giving out two hours support for the 50 fastest signers.

Br. Tatu