Vaadin lets you build secure, UX-first PWAs entirely in Java.
Free ebook & tutorial.
Issues with creating gwt flash component (gwt2swf), vaadin bug?
I was able to use the gwt2swf component in GWT environment (download from http://sourceforge.net/projects/gwt2swf/). So, I want to create a Vaadin component based on instruction in the vaadin book: using the following steps:
- Create a new Vaadin Eclipse Project (6.7.5)
- Create a new Vaadin widget using Eclipse plugin
- Put gwt2swf.jar to WEB-INF/lib
- Edit the project widgetset (VaadinWidgetset.gwt.xml) to inherit the package
- Put the swf file in the public folder
- Implement client-side (extends the gwt2swf widget) and server-side classes
- Modify the application to use the newly created widget
- Compile the widgetSet (all directories and files were created correctly inside WebContent as described in the book)
- Compile and deploy the project
I can only see a grey background, it looks like the swf file has not been loaded. I used the gwt developer to debug the client side and everything looks normal (the widget object was created). I also tried to package it as a war file, but that didn't help.
What have I done wrong? Any suggestions on debugging this issue are much appreciated.
Thanks - H
Using the Net panel in Firebug or similar tools from other browsers, you can check whether the swf file is actually loaded and whether it is loaded from the right location. You could also check the Console panel for any error messages that could be related to the issue.
Another cause of differences between GWT dev mode and compiled GWT code is if you forgot to compile your widgetset after doing changes to the client side code.