RichTextToolbar: table height is wrong when it contains expandable richtext

Hi,

I have a table with richtextareas that have expandable heights. The expandable heights work nicely but the table height is not updated. When I manually trigger a table repaint e.g. by rezising a column, the height is updated perfectly. Does anyone know how the expandable richtextareas could trigger a table repaint when their height is being calculated?

I am using RichTextToolbar 1.4.0 and Vaadin 7.4.6.

Thanks for any help.
20993.jpg

Hi!

I’m afraid Table doesn’t support varying row heights, so this is by default something that can’t work correctly.

Hi Anna,

thanks for your quick reply! Do you have a suggestion what I could use instead of Table to solve the problem?

Thanks

Hi!

It’s not quite the same, but Grid’s
details row
(7.5.0 and newer) might possibly have something to offer… otherwise I might try to move the variable height stuff to a PopupView or something so it wouldn’t interfere with the row heights.

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your suggestions!

Unfortunately, Grid’s details row or a popup view are no options because I need the heights to change permanently, it’s like editing a table in a document where you want to fill in a lot of text in each cell. As I understand your suggestions they let me show more data on click but not all the time.

I also tried if GridLayout could help me out but it doesn’t support varying row heights either.

Now I ended up using a Panel with a VerticalLayout that I fill with HorizontalLayouts per row, that seems to work nicely.

… ooops, it only works nicely as long as there are ONLY expandable height text areas in the horizontal layout. As soon as I add some buttons to the “row”, the heights are being fixed to the button heights.

Which components do actually work with expandable height text areas?

Goal:

label1 label2 label3 label4
button expandable area expandable area status icon