How to recompile theme.

Hello Everyone,

It would of kind help if any one can guide me on my issue. I have themes compiled in vaadin v 6.5.2. We are using lookup theme of it in our application and also did some changes according to our need. Now we want to upgrade to vaadin6.6.3. I unzipped the updated jar and didn’t found any lookup theme init.

I would like to know can I use the old theme(lookup) with new vaadin v6.63. In either case(yes/no) kindly let me know the configuration i need to do with minimal changes, as whole look n feel of the app will be affected.

Early reply will be highly appreciated as we have a release on coming days.

Regards,
Pradeep Sharma

Hi.

i’m not really sure I’m following what you are trying to do.

• Themes are not compiled. They are plain css and are loaded to the browser as-is
  • Themes require minimal changes when you update vaadin versions and 6.5.2 and 6.6.3 are so close to each other that you probably won’t have to do any changes to your theme
  • You don’t need to unzip the jar file
  • I’m not sure if you are referring to a theme name with “lookup” but there is no theme called that.

It should be enough to just change the jar to have the theme working. Just clear the browser cache if it looks weird.

Thank you Jansson for replying.