Switch Component

Thanks for the reply. But because your suggestion still did’t helped me solving the issue, something else needs to be checked. So, before looking into the possible issues, here are a few excerts from the build log:

[INFO] Visiting SwitchConnector with ConnectorInitVisitor [INFO] SwitchConnector will be in the eager bundle [INFO] Will serialize class org.vaadin.teemu.switchui.client.SwitchState as a bean The entries in my generated widgetset.xml file are correct, meaning that the component is found and the build log is certifying the clientside build has occured:

<inherits name="org.vaadin.teemu.wizards.WizardsforvaadinWidgetset" />
 <inherits name="org.vaadin.teemu.switchui.SwitchComponentWidgetset" />

I’ve tried the component with a sample maven project is is displayed just fine, but my problem comes when I am trying to use it in a real-world existing application. So, do you have some hints on what else to debug or check in my app?

Hmm, in that case I’m running out of ideas. Have you tried to use any other add-ons with client-side widgets in the real-world project? The Wizards for Vaadin mentioned in your snippet doesn’t have any client-side code, so that probably works fine.

I found out … my mistake :frowning: .
But for the sake of other developers benefit, I’ll tell the story: my
application
is actually containing many "
vaadin applications
" in it, therefore in the web.xml I had separate init params for each vaadin servlet. Obviously, for one of the application (with the new addon), the widgetset reference was not valid for some reason. Correcting that it also corrected the add-on display.

later update:
there is still one thing still not functioning as expected: the animation and the button face image is not updated on clicks for styles other than
holodeck

Hi teemu, I noticed that if you place a Switch in a Table’s generatedcell, it will not function correctly.
Setting the initial value does not render the correct UX in the client as it always displays as “ON”. Value change correctly changes and sets the db value.

@Override
        public Component generateCell(final Table source, final Object itemId, final Object columnId) {
            @SuppressWarnings("rawtypes")
            final Property property = source.getItem(itemId).getItemProperty(columnId);
            Boolean selected = property != null ? (Boolean)property.getValue() : false;

Switch switchComponent = new Switch("", selected);
             switchComponent.setImmediate(true);
             switchComponent.addValueChangeListener(new ValueChangeListener(){ ...}
             return switchComponent;
       }

Even if manually set it to false, it displays as “ON”

[code]
@Override
public Component generateCell(final Table source, final Object itemId, final Object columnId) {
@SuppressWarnings(“rawtypes”)

Switch switchComponent = new Switch("", false);
         switchComponent.setImmediate(true);
         return switchComponent;
   }

[/code]Example, all switches are set to false. The first two are in a table and the last is added to the layout.

Finally, for testing purpose, I switched the Switch to a CheckBox and it renders as expected with initial values. So I assume it is something with the js and drawing.

Hi Teemu –

It would be great to use the component in a Table/Grid, can you please assist to make this work ?

Thanks

Hi Teemu,

I am using the switch in a grid’s DetailsGenerator → same problem like the guys before :frowning:
The switch shows always “on”.

Best regards,
Torsten

Hi,

I just created an issue in GitHub:
Switch does not work inside Table or Grid

• Teemu

Thanks Teemu. I have the same problem and i will follow the issue :slight_smile:

In my case i have a switch in a table cell. It works till i delete a row using

table.removeItem("itemId");

After that all switchers in a table are set to default state and freeze.

Hi,

just released Switch version 2.0.3, which fixes the issue of using Switch inside Table.

https://vaadin.com/addon/switch

Please let me know if you still have any issues with the component.

Is it possible to make the toggle work veritcally (up/down rather than left/right) via CSS?

I need to implement a toggle like the one in the attached image. Our UI designer provided the CSS below but I need to use a Vaadin component and I can’t figure out a way to marry the two. Any suggestions?

.togglebox input{ display:none; }
.togglebox{ display:inline-block; border:1px solid #BBB; width:20px; height:41px; position:relative; border-radius:5px; color:#FFF; font-weight:bold; overflow:hidden; box-shadow:0 1px 0 #CCC; }
.togglebox label{ width:20px; height:40px; line-height:200%; border-radius:5px; position:absolute; top:0; left:0; z-index:1; font-size:1.1em; cursor:pointer; -webkit-transition:height 0.3s; -moz-transition:height 0.3s; transition:height 0.3s; }
.togglebox span{ position:absolute; top:-1110px; }

.togglebox label::before{ content:' '; width:20px; height:20px; float:left; margin-top:00px; padding-top:20px; padding-right:13px; text-align:center; background:#33d3b8; text-shadow:0 -1px 0px #093B5C; box-shadow:0 4px 5px -2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3) inset; }

.togglebox label b{ display:block; height:20px; width:20px; float:left; position:relative; z-index:1; border:1px solid #AAA; background:#F6F6F6; box-shadow:0 4px 0 -2px #F1F1F1 inset, 0 2em 2em -2em #AAA inset, 0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,.5); border-radius:5px; margin-top:-20px; margin-left:-1px; }
.togglebox label:hover b{ background:#E5E5E5; }
.togglebox label::after{ content:' '; width:20px; float:left;height:50px; margin-top:5px; padding-top:45px; padding-left:0px; text-align:center; background:#3f8ecc; box-shadow:0 4px 5px -2px rgba(0,0,0,0.3) inset; margin-top:-20px;}
.togglebox input:checked ~ label{ top:-20px; }
.togglebox { transition: all 3s; }
.togglebox input{ transition: all 3s; }

22923.png

Unfortunately it is not that simple. You could of course try simply adding a rotate transition to the Switch element. But you might end up with some layouting issues with that. Maybe it’s still worth a shot.

transition: rotate(90deg);

Also the client-side implementation (done with GWT) is listening for mouse drag movements in the horizontal direction, so at least dragging of the switch handle would not work right after the rotation.

Dear Teemu,
In first place I would like to thank you for the switch addon. Second, i would like to know how can I change the label, in other word i would like to customize the label ; for example i would like to change ON to Present …
Thank you in advance for your time and your response.

Should it also work with Vaadin 7.5.9+? As I also have the issue that only a CheckBox is shown instead of a Switch.
I’m using version 2.0.3 of the add-on and want to show it inside a table

Any help is /suggestions are appreciated

st.huber90,

stop proyect. on eclipse
compile:widgetset
compile
re run proyect

work for me!!!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 2.5.1//EN"
        "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/2.5.1/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
    <inherits name="com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet"/>

<inherits name="com.vaadin.addon.responsive.ResponsiveWidgetSet" />

<inherits name="org.vaadin.teemu.switchui.SwitchComponentWidgetset" />

<inherits name="com.github.wolfie.refresher.RefresherWidgetset" />
</module>

The manifest file in switch-2.0.3.jar file has reference to class-path for vaadin-server-7.2.0.jar, etc. While loading using jar file in one of the web application we are seeing the traces related to "
The manifest class path vaadin-server-7.2.0.jar can not be found in jar file file:…/WEB-INF/lib/switch-2.0.3.jar or its parent
" for every missing jar files in the class path. This is because we are using vaadin version 7.3.7. As per my understanding those class file version only indicates the minimum supported vaadin version or is there any other significance of having those entries in the class-path of manifest file.

Any response here will be of great help.

besides xxx.gwt.xml setting, u have to take a look at the web.xml in your project.

needs:

Application widgetset
widgetset
com.example.xxxx.widgetset.xxxWidgetset

the param-value is your xxx.gwt.xml fullpath (package name + xxx)

for me to have it work (ie: Showing the switch instead of a checkbox) was to add the following to my .gwt.xml file:

<inherits name="org.vaadin.teemu.switchui.SwitchComponentWidgetset" /> Then I had to delete all GWT cache files in my temp directory.

How can I change ON/OFF to YES/NO?

Can you expand on how the ON/OFF can be changed to YES/NO?