Sharing session attributes between portlets in different pages

Hi Trivedi,

May be you need to look at Client Side Eventing and Server Side Eventing approaches in portals in general.

I am not sure about Vaadin as such.

However, I have the following advise for you…

One should write a portlet based on the page context or other portlets status. As you are aware Render method are called on all the portlets in that page, even if one portlet content changes.

This should be used for advantage rather than trying to fit in Ajax and complicating things though many alternate approaches.

Could you pl. let me know what is the extra render request effecting on the portlets C and D.

We at TejaSoft do code Audits to many companies, and see the following patterns… if it others let me know…

1. Many JSP used in render phase make direct JDBC calls… which kills the performance.
    • In Vadin context, during such render UI classes may be making JDBC calls
  2. For Rendering to work, they would need many render parameters, which may not be available as current rendering is not happening due to previous action requests on C or D.
    • When action requests happen due to action happens in Portlets C, almost all the parameters are converted to render parameters so that rendering stage all the action values are available to make JDBC calls or view related decisions.

If you could let me know what is the side effect of render call on C and D, we could give some alternatives.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com