Native JavaScript and HTML in Vaadin

It has nothing to do with you html code. CustomLayout has special code in it that scans the html and removes all Javascript code from it except from event handlers like onclick=“alert(‘adsf’)” .
This has been done to prevent JS injection (i think)

Then, making me explain, I must assume that Vaadin does not allow reuse html pages with embedded javascript code … very bad news you just gave me, but thank you anyway, jajaj …

I consider this decision a conceptual error in Vaadin team. This enormously limits the possibilities of incorporating Vaadin components already built in pure HTML and JavaScript.

Regards.

CustomLayouts are made for basic Html layouts, not for actual Html/Js components with logic in them. Integrating a html/Js page/component with the “Integrating a Javascript component” method i linked to above is actually really easy to do.
You should read the tutorial on the wiki page and have a go. Your Javascript Connector in that case would just be your slightly (and i really mean slightly) modified Html/JS page. The Server side of the “new” component can be really basic if you don’t need client<–>server communication.

That does not solve my problem, at least that is what I understand.

What we explained in “Integrating a JavaScript component” (https://vaadin.com/wiki?p_p_id=36&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&p_p_col_id=row-1&p_p_col_pos=1&p_p_col_count=3&p_r_p_185834411_title=Integrating+a+JavaScript+component&p_r_p_185834411_nodeName=vaadin.com+wiki&_36_struts_action=%2Fwiki%2Fview )
it is not what I need. Here you are limited to call Javascript code from the Vaadin application or java code. What we I need is for my javascript code (that is embedded in the HTML code) to run with my code html without needing that I invoke, why do I have to invoke if it was invoked in the html code?

I insist that all I need is my html page (with embedded javascript code) to run. As same does it in the browser, but this time, from a Vaadin application.

Regards.

Regards.

mpuebla, I don’t see your point here. Marius is telling you what to do to integrate Javascript with Vaadin and you always answer in a poor manner. You have to do your work here…

You should read the
book
of vaadin diffinitely, first, and when you get used to it read
chapter 16

Let me ask you something… If you started a project using raw html and javascript code and you have reached a point in which you want to continue its development using vaadin, it’s a bad idea to turn to vaadin (it’s my humble opinion).

You’ll need to choose continueing with native html+js or, unfortunately, rewrite your code with Vaadin.

The latter option would be the best way. I can’t see a scenario in which you mix an application developed using two different “frameworks”. As I told you several post upwards, you can reuse your server calls if you make it through an API.

My apologies if I offended by my answers, it was not my intention. was just trying explain why the answers did not solve my problem. Apparently, there is no choice to rewrite the HTML code with Vaadin components and that will not, violate the principle of code reuse.

About his view on using Vaadin or not, I commented:
My intention was to continue to expand the application you think reuse, since Vaadin, building a Vaadin component so others could use it without knowing the javascript. I thought it was possible from Vaadin, I disagree with you when you say “using two different frameworks.” I’m by not mixing “two different” frameworks ", only I use Vaadin and pure html + javascript, which can be programmed from a plain text editor. Anyway think of that option.

Regards.

In the “Integrating a Javascript Component” you can write Javscript code on the client. From there it should not be difficult to integrate an html file.
If you don’t want any communication to the serverside. You might even just use a BrowserFrame.

Please read Marius’ latest comment :), I think you can make it work

Hello i am new on vaadin i have one question can we use HTML code in vaadin ? if yes How

SmãrT_ Eñgiñeêr:
Hello i am new on vaadin i have one question can we use HTML code in vaadin ? if yes How

Yes. It depends on which version of Vaadin you’re using and what you’re trying to achieve.

Olli Tietäväinen:

SmãrT_ Eñgiñeêr:

Yes. It depends on which version of Vaadin you’re using and what you’re trying to achieve.

i am using vaadin 13 and i want make my application menu like hierarchy structure PFA for more info
thank you
17893387.jpg
17893390.jpg

I don’t know if you need to use HTML code for that. You could use e.g. a [TreeGrid]
(https://vaadin.com/components/vaadin-tree-grid) instead. If you want to use HTML, you could maybe create a [Polymer Template]
(https://vaadin.com/docs/v13/flow/polymer-templates/tutorial-template-basic.html).