Carousel add-on

for those looking for the place where this should be done

com.vaadin vaadin-maven-plugin ${vaadin.plugin.version} -Xmx512M -Xss1024k ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets ${basedir}/src/main/webapp/VAADIN/widgetsets ${project.build.directory} ${project.build.directory}/gwt-deploy false true false OBF [b] false [/b]

How do I make auto-transition of slides instead of triggering mouse events?

Hello,

There are server-side APIs for that:

scrollTo(Component) and

scroll(int)

I have a problem I hope you can help me to resolve this :slight_smile:

Sep 26, 2015 6:06:40 PM com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet serveStaticResourcesInVAADIN
INFO: Requested resource 
[/VAADIN/widgetsets/com.example.carouseldemo.widgetset.CarouseldemoWidgetset/com.example.carouseldemo.widgetset.CarouseldemoWidgetset.nocache.js] not found from filesystem or through class loader. Add widgetset and/or theme JAR to your classpath or add files to WebContent/VAADIN folder.

Hi Al, Did you compile widgetset?

I am having a problem in compiling my widgetset sir.

Tracing compile failure path for type 'com.google.common.collect.Lists'
      [ERROR]
 Errors in 'jar:file:/F:/VAADIN%20WORKSPACE/CarouselDemo/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/guava-gwt-14.0.1.jar!/com/google/common/collect/super/com/google/common/collect/Lists.java'
         [ERROR]
 Line 286: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 735: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 893: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 644: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 243: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 858: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 668: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 731: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 842: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 1017: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 253: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 1030: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 888: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 986: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 639: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 874: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 47: The import javax.annotation.Nullable cannot be resolved
         [ERROR]
 Line 297: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 747: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 776: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Check that the type name 'com.google.common.collect.Lists' is really what you meant
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
   Tracing compile failure path for type 'com.google.common.base.Function'
      [ERROR]
 Errors in 'jar:file:/F:/VAADIN%20WORKSPACE/CarouselDemo/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/guava-gwt-14.0.1.jar!/com/google/common/base/Function.java'
         [ERROR]
 Line 51: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 64: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 21: The import javax.annotation.Nullable cannot be resolved
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Your source appears not to live underneath a subpackage called 'client'; no problem, but you'll need to use the <source> directive in your module to make it accessible
   Tracing compile failure path for type 'com.google.common.base.Objects'
      [ERROR]
 Errors in 'jar:file:/F:/VAADIN%20WORKSPACE/CarouselDemo/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/guava-gwt-14.0.1.jar!/com/google/common/base/Objects.java'
         [ERROR]
 Line 185: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 25: The import javax.annotation.Nullable cannot be resolved
         [ERROR]
 Line 296: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 415: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 73: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 54: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 226: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 409: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Your source appears not to live underneath a subpackage called 'client'; no problem, but you'll need to use the <source> directive in your module to make it accessible
   Tracing compile failure path for type 'com.google.common.collect.Iterables'
      [ERROR]
 Errors in 'jar:file:/F:/VAADIN%20WORKSPACE/CarouselDemo/WebContent/WEB-INF/lib/guava-gwt-14.0.1.jar!/com/google/common/collect/super/com/google/common/collect/Iterables.java'
         [ERROR]
 Line 789: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 618: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 117: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 723: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 40: The import javax.annotation.Nullable cannot be resolved
         [ERROR]
 Line 281: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 790: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 748: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 329: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 722: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 616: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 747: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
         [ERROR]
 Line 279: Nullable cannot be resolved to a type
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Check that the type name 'com.google.common.collect.Iterables' is really what you meant
   [ERROR]
 Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
Widgetset compilation failed

What I did wrong sir ?

im using external libraries which are:

1. carousel-0.5.1.jar
  2. google-collect-1.0.jar
  3. guava-gwt-14.0.1.jar
  4. org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib-2.4.0.jar
  5. org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.0.jar
  6. validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar

Hi Al, I am not sure but can you please refer Arun Prakash post above in this forum. That may helpful to resolve compilation issues.

Hello all,

great-looking widget! I bound it with the maven dependency snippet from the add-on site. I have the HorizontalCarousel class in my code, but, upon running the code I’m getting

Widgetset ‘com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet’ does not contain implementation for org.vaadin.virkki.carousel.HorizontalCarousel. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset. In case you have downloaded a vaadin add-on package, you might want to refer to add-on instructions

on the page.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Do I have to compile any widget set for this? (I’m using the default com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet/com.vaadin.DefaultWidgetSet.nocache.js and not doing any widgetset compilation. Do I need to do so?)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Tupi

Hi Tupi

DefaultWidgetSet only contains the client-side counterparts of Vaadin core components so in order to use Carousel, you’ll need to include it in your widgetset and recompile.

Here’s
some more information on the topic.

As a possible help to future users. This is what I import to make the carousel work. This is gradle, but should be easily converted to your preferred build-environment:

compile group: ‘com.google.guava’, name: ‘guava-gwt’, version: ‘19.0-rc2’
compile group: ‘org.eclipse.xtext’, name: ‘org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib’, version: ‘2.4.1’
compile group: ‘org.eclipse.xtext’, name: ‘org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt’, version: ‘2.4.1’ compile(“org.vaadin.virkki:carousel:0.5.2”){ exclude group : ‘org.eclipse.xtext’ }

Hello,
First of all, I would send you my congratulations for a well done job. I tried to add your add-on to my spring boot maven project but it doesn’t work. It has a problem with the @Widgetset property when browser is loading. Anyway very good job, congratulations.

Hi,

First thanx for a really nice addon, it worked right out of the box for me with Vaadin 7.5.2 but when I upgraded to 7.6.1 I got about the same error as dongskay when compiling the widget set.
While comparing my old build script with the new one I noticed that jsr305-1.3.9.jar was missing in the new one. I don’t know why it’s missing, even after reverting back to 7.5.2 it’s was missing and I used the same Carousel version all the time.
Anyway, after adding to my ivy.xml, compiling the widget set worked again.

I’m using
carousel-0.5.2.jar
org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.0.jar
org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib-2.4.0.jar
guava-gwt-10.0.1.jar
jsr305-1.3.9.jar

Any tips for getting this working with Vaadin 7.6.1 and Gradle? I just get Xtext problems:

[size=2]
:cleanVaadinCompileThemes UP-TO-DATE

:cleanVaadinCompileWidgetset

:cleanVaadinDevMode UP-TO-DATE

:cleanVaadinRun UP-TO-DATE

:cleanVaadinSuperDevMode UP-TO-DATE

:clean

:compileJava

:vaadinUpdateWidgetset

:processResources

:classes

:vaadinClassPathJar SKIPPED

:vaadinCompileWidgetset

Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/brindy/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.eclipse.xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/8265e8c8c0d75ea3ded8ee4777f5a32056e534b/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/util/ToStringHelper.java'

Line 156: The method isAnonymousClass() is undefined for the type Class<capture#7-of ? extends Object>

Line 207: The method getDeclaredFields() is undefined for the type Class<capture#14-of ?>

Tracing compile failure path for type 'org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.util.ReflectExtensions'

Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/brindy/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.eclipse.xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/8265e8c8c0d75ea3ded8ee4777f5a32056e534b/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/util/ReflectExtensions.java'

Line 145: The method isInstance(Object) is undefined for the type Class<capture#23-of ?>

Line 131: The method getMethod(String, Class<?>[]) is undefined for the type Class<capture#17-of ? extends Object>

Line 78: The method getDeclaredField(String) is undefined for the type Class<capture#8-of ?>

Line 113: The method getDeclaredMethods() is undefined for the type Class<capture#13-of ? extends Object>

Tracing compile failure path for type 'org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.IteratorExtensions'

Errors in 'jar:file:/Users/brindy/.gradle/caches/modules-2/files-2.1/org.eclipse.xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/8265e8c8c0d75ea3ded8ee4777f5a32056e534b/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/IteratorExtensions.java'

Line 308: The method filter(Iterator<T>, Predicate<? super T>) in the type Iterators is not applicable for the arguments (Iterator<capture#12-of ?>, Class<T>)

Aborting compile due to errors in some input files

:vaadinCompileWidgetset FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:

Execution failed for task ':vaadinCompileWidgetset'.

> Widgetset failed to compile. See error log above.

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED
[/size]

I’m using the dependencies as specified by Jonas Ohlsson above.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Updated with correct output

Hi
I haven’t used Gradle with Vaadin project myself so can’t say about that. But I was able to create a fresh new Vaadin 7.6.1 project with the Eclipse plugin, compile the widgetset and run the app successfully with the following Ivy imports (With Maven you’d only need “carousel”):

<dependency org="org.vaadin.virkki" name="carousel" rev="0.5.2" /> <dependency org="com.google.guava" name="guava-gwt" rev="10.0.1" /> and

<ibiblio name="eclipse-xtend" m2compatible="true" root="http://build.eclipse.org/common/xtend/maven" />

hi…
I am getting this problem when i am creating war with carousel

WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCrea WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.
[INFO]
Compiling module com.hsl.location.gwt.LocationWidgetSet
[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.util.ToStringHelper’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/Singh/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/util/ToStringHelper.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 207: The method getDeclaredFields() is undefined for the type Class<capture#14-of ?>
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 156: The method isAnonymousClass() is undefined for the type Class<capture#7-of ? extends Object>
[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.util.ReflectExtensions’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/Singh/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/util/ReflectExtensions.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 145: The method isInstance(Object) is undefined for the type Class<capture#23-of ?>
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 131: The method getMethod(String, Class<?>) is undefined for the type Class [INFO] [ERROR] Line 78: The method getDeclaredField(String) is undefined for the type Class
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 113: The method getDeclaredMethods() is undefined for the type Class<capture#13-of ? extends Object>
[INFO]
Tracing compile failure path for type ‘org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.IteratorExtensions’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Errors in ‘jar:file:/C:/Users/Singh/.m2/repository/org/eclipse/xtext/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt/2.4.1/org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.gwt-2.4.1.jar!/org/eclipse/xtext/xbase/lib/IteratorExtensions.java’
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Line 308: The method filter(Iterator, Predicate<? super T>) in the type Iterators is not applicable for the arguments (Iterator, Class)
[INFO]
[ERROR]
Aborting compile due to errors in some input files
[INFO]

[INFO]
BUILD FAILURE
[INFO]

[INFO]
Total time: 01:33 min
[INFO]
Finished at: 2016-02-13T15:51:58+05:30
[INFO]
Final Memory: 40M/238M
[INFO]

Hello Im interested on this add-on for my project, but I can make it work, can you please explain the dependencys that are needed?, I tryed add the jars, but couldnt found them. I found version 2.7 of the xbase but not 2.4.

Im usign intellij 15, with vaadin 7.6.2 on a maven project and java 1.8.

Greetings.

I have a problem when the components inside the carousel are links. If I put the touch drag enabled, then the clickable action to the component is completely lost, any idea how can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dongskay

I am having the exact same problem when compiling my widgetset. did you manage to get it to compile successfully? and if yes, can you tell me how?

Nevermind my question. I actually got the widgetset to compile successfully after readin this issue page https://github.com/google/guava/issues/776
Basically I added jsr305-2.0.0.jar to my classpath and the widgetset compiled with no issues.

<dependency>
        <groupId>org.vaadin.virkki</groupId>
        <artifactId>carousel</artifactId>
        <version>0.5.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>
        <artifactId>guava</artifactId>
        <version>19.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
        <groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>