Display your components in a web-portal style!
PortalLayout is yet another implementation of Vaadin layout. Shortly speaking, all the components you add there are wrapped in the portlets with some fancy functionality built-in (e.g drag and drop and collapsing).
What is offered:
- No need to settle up DnD functionality.
- Communication between portals:
- Make whatever complex UI, bundle its parts with portals.
- Add portlets.
- Drag portlets from one portal to the other easily!
- If needed, make one of your portals not communicative with others - it will neither accept portlets from outer space, nor let its contents go.
- Dragging by the portlet headers.
- Customizable positioner highlights the target drop area.
- Various properties of the portlets (can be set from the server side):
- Close ability.
- Collapse ability.
- Collapse state.
- Lock state (make it not draggable if needed).
- Supports both fixed and relative heights. Here relative height in percents stands for the percent of free space the portlet will consume.
- Supports spacing and margins.
- The width of the portlets is always 100%.
- Customize portlet headers, positioners and controls styles.
- Action buttons in the headers.
- Listeners for the collapse and close events.
- Full caption support.
- Animations for collapse and close events.
- Vaadin components in the headers.
- Custom styles for the portlets.
The project is still in the phase of the development. I would highly appreciate all the bug reports, suggestions, ideas and user experience.