Framework for building a GUI for JavaEE based Applications
The JavaEE Vaadin Addon helps you to build a JavaEE 6 based Vaadin Application fast.
It supports the following features:
- CDI support through CDI-Utils (https://vaadin.com/directory#addon/cdi-utils:vaadin)
- Fixed standard layout of a web application with left side menu
- Navigation through pages is done by sending CDI events
- CRUD support for JPA entities (through JPA or other services):
- Create a container by just subclassing JPAEntityContainer or ServiceContainer
- Create a Table for all entities by just subclassing BasicEntityTable (you can set the visible columns you like)
- Create a search Form by just subclassing BasicSearchForm and set the columns you want to include in the search
- Create a edit form by just subsclasses BasicEditForm and set the columns you want to edit
- Dependent entities are just accessed through their path (e.g. for the customers street "address.street")
- Extended formatting
- Extended Field creation (automatic field types derived from attribute types)
Tested and used with Hibernate 4 in JBoss 7.1. For an example on how to use it, have a look at https://github.com/thomasletsch/javaee-addon-sample.
The JavaEE Addon is still very early Alpha and CDI is not quite working. A more stable version is expected in April '13.
The JavaEE Addon is compatible to Vaadin 7!