(solved)huge payload after recompiling widgetset with 6.7.3

I got a clean application (no addons), Vaadin 6.7.3, and I’m working my way to slimming the initial client payload down.
After recompiling the widgetset, the payload size increased 6 times (haven’t removed any of the widgets I don’t need yet).
Is this normal (see picture)?
Before it’s 888KB, after it’s 6.2MB :huh: :blink:

EDIT: I’ve noticed in the 6MB file, functions like:
function com_google_gwt_animation_client_Animation_$update__Lcom_google_gwt_animation_client_Animation_2DZ
function com_google_gwt_animation_client_Animation_updateAnimations__V()

Is it normal for those to be in there? I’m not aware of any animation in my application UI, nor I used any.

EDIT2: something wrong here?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.7.0//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.7.0/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">
<module>
	<inherits name="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.DefaultWidgetSet" />

<generate-with class="view.MyWidgetMapGenerator">
		<when-type-is class="com.vaadin.terminal.gwt.client.WidgetMap" />
	</generate-with>
</module>
public class MyWidgetMapGenerator extends WidgetMapGenerator {

@Override
	protected Collection<Class<? extends Paintable>> getUsedPaintables() {
		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
		Collection<Class<? extends Paintable>> widgets = super.getUsedPaintables();
		for(Class c: widgets)
			System.out.println(c.getName());
		return widgets;
	}

}

12114.jpg
12115.jpg

I figured it out, it was because I set javascript style to pretty in the Vaadin Plugin for Eclipse screen. Pretty fat that is :grin:
Now is back to “normal” with obfuscated style. Also recalled that obfuscation does that
12116.jpg

The PRETTY compilation mode is nice if you (for some odd reason) need to do some client side debugging with JS debugger (instead of the GWT development mode). Otherwise you really don’t want to forget it on. You have just discovered the reason :slight_smile:

cheers,
matti

6MB is too much even so, my application has more than 30,000 lines and unarchived has 4MB
Does the widgetset have more than 45,000 lines prettified?