Panel height lesser than the content

Hi,

In my system I’ve created a Panel and a Table but when I display them I see this orrible bug (see attachment), the panel height is lesser than the table height, when I click on a row of the tablet the layout adjusts itself. This appens not only with the table but even with other components.

Can you help me?
18709.png

Which theme are you using? Does not look like the defailt Valo theme.
I believe, the issue is related to some custom theme changes that you may have done.

I’m using the Runo theme and I have changed the style of the labels e not so many others.

Now I’ve tried also with the Valo theme but the problem persists.

Looks like a layout issue where your content overflows the layout. What is the size of your panel? What is the size of the content of the panel? What is the size of the table?

Try
analyzing your layouts
and make sure you don’t have any problems there.

Secondly, what is the purpose of your panel? Panels are typically used when you want to enable scrollbars for content that doesn’t fit in the given area. This only works, if panel has a defined size and the content of the panel is set to an undefined height.

panel.setHeight("100%"); panel.getContent().setHeight(null); Now you should get scrollbars. I’ve often seen people using panels just because the provide the visual style of a box. Don’t use panels for that, use CSS to theme a layout to look like that instead.

Hi, I’ve analyzed the layouts and I discovered that the table has the correct height, but I neved setted it, I let vaadin to decide it (in vaadin 6 works), and the panel has a lesser height.
So, I’ve tried to set the height of the panel and reset the height of the content but this never worked.
At the end I’ve setted a fixed height to the table and I solve the problem.

Thanks for the help and for your tips.