Custom Widget does not show under IE9

(SOLVED) Read my reply to this post.

Hello,

I am working with vaadin now for several weeks and it is a great framework.
Now I have a problem with developing my own custom widget.

It is a gwt composite that should mimic a window with a captionbar and a content area but can be added to any Vaadin Layout Component.

I have created the widget and it runs as expected under Chrome and Firefox.
But in IE9 the widget does not show.

From what I can see in the vaadin debug console there is an uncaught client side exception:

... *Creating connectors (if needed) (Error) : Invalid Argument.com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (Error) : Invalid Argument. at Unknown.wrap_2_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.createConnector_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.createAndRegisterConnector_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.getConnector_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.createConnectorsIfNeeded_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.execute_26_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.runWhenDependenciesLoaded_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.handleUIDLMessage_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.handleReceivedJSONMessage_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.handleWhenCSSLoaded_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.handleJSONText_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.start_2_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.execute_25_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.$executeScheduled_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.runScheduledTasks_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.flushPostEventPumpCommands_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.execute_5_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.execute_4_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.apply_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.entry0_0_g$(Unknown Source) at Unknown.anonymous(Unknown Source) at Unknown.callback_0_g$(Unknown Source) ... I could track it down to com.vaadin.client.WidgetSet.java - createAndRegisterConnector(…)
The Client is not able to instantiate my Custom Component Connector.

How can I get to the root of this problem? Since it seems to be a problem specific to the IE javascript code, it is hard to come by with debugging or anything else.

I tried with vaadin 7.3.6 and the new 7.4.0 as well. The problem remains.

Any help or hints are very appreciated.

Greetings,
Dennis

Solved the Problem by myself.
I had the following code in the constructor of my gwt composite widget :

this.captionbar = getCaptionBar();

this.captionbarTitle = new Label();
this.captionbarTitle.setStyleName(CLASSNAME + "-captionbar-title");

this.captionbarElementPanel = new HorizontalPanel();
this.captionbarElementPanel.setStyleName(CLASSNAME + "-captionbar-elements");

this.captionbar.add(this.captionbarTitle);
this.captionbar.add(this.captionbarElementPanel);

this.captionbar.setCellWidth(this.captionbarTitle, "100%");
this.captionbar.setCellWidth(this.captionbarElementPanel, "0px");

The error is in line 14. Because the captionbarElementPanel does not hold any elements yet, it is (at least under IE) not possible to set a size for the cell in which the captionbarElementPanel is contained…

This code runs smooth under Chrome or Firefox. I’d say this is a flaw of the gwt compiler.