BrowserWindowOpener - change icon on browser tab?

Hi folks - quick question.

Our vaadin app uses a custom theme, with it’s own “favicon.ico” file. When the app starts, the correct icon is shown in the browser tab.

I have recently implemented some online help pages for the app, and have placed them in the custom theme folder (/help/index.htm).

When a user clicks on the ‘help’ button in our application, I show the help via a BrowserWindowOpener as follows:

BrowserWindowOpener opener = new BrowserWindowOpener(new ThemeResource("help/index.htm"))

The help is show OK on a new browser tab, but the icon on this new browser tab is the standard apache tomcat icon. I guess I expected it to use our custom favicon.ico, but it doesnt. Any ideas on how to solve?

Cheers,
Lee.

And the opened HTML document has the favicon declarations in the header?

Something along:

[code]

[/code]Note that the path must be relative to the theme resource HTML you are referring it from, or absolute.

No :slight_smile:

I feared I might have to do something like that (ie nothing Vaadin related at all). I am using a help authoring toolkit to create the pages, and it doesnt appear to support injecting icons into generated HTML.

I’ll investigate some more, but I guess it may be something we just have to live with.

Cheers,
Lee.