Compiling charts with maven

Hi.

I have seen a lot of dicussions about this. But I didnt really get to the point of fixing issues that I have encountered. I started of with a simple vaadin application using this

> mvn archetype:generate
\  -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin
\-DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application
\ -DarchetypeVersion=7.3.10
\ -Dpackaging=war

And then I wanted to add and try out vaadin charts. So, I updated my pom.xml files for dependencies and build it. After seeing this message

“Widgetset ‘ui.MyAppWidgetset’ does contain implementation for com.vaadin.addon.charts.Chart. Check its component connector’s @Connect mapping, widgetsets GWT module description file and re-compile your widgetset…”.

I realized that I need to compile the client side widgetset again. I created a MyAppWidgetset.gwt.xml and when I ran mvn vaadin:update-widgetset I am seeing the files entries getting updated with the modules to inherit.

Next, I wanted to compile the widgetset by running mvn -e vaadin:complie. First I noticed this

[WARNING] Failed to retrieve com.vaadin:vaadin-client based on project POM [INFO] Using com.vaadin:vaadin-client version 7.3.10 [WARNING] Failed to retrieve com.vaadin:vaadin-client-compiler based on project POM [INFO] Using com.vaadin:vaadin-client-compiler version 7.3.10 and then, this

]] failed with status 1 at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo$JavaCommand.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:497) at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.compile(CompileMojo.java:366) at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.doExecute(CompileMojo.java:281) at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:172) at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:132) at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208) ... 19 more I can’t get pass this point. What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: I am compling it on a Linux OS.

Thanks in advance.
Prat

I have got the same problem, but i am compiling it on Windows with Vaadin version 7.3.9
and Java 1.8. I added folowing to the .gwt.xml file:

<inherits name="com.vaadin.addon.charts.Widgetset" /> And following to the pom.xml:

<dependency> <groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId> <artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId> <version>2.0.0</version> </dependency> And i added the license file to my home directory -
still having the error issue:

failed with status 1
      at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo$JavaCommand.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:497)
      at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.compile(CompileMojo.java:366)
      at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.doExecute(CompileMojo.java:281)
      at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:172)
      at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:132)
      at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)

Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Timo

Please check your pom.xml configuration. After i removed a param from
it works for me.

Thanks Timo!
I was able to run mvn vaadin:compile successfully. But I am still seeing this message…
“Widgetset ‘ui.MyAppWidgetset’ does contain implementation for com.vaadin.addon.charts.Chart. …”

Thanks,
Prat