However if I use the latest:

<dependency>
   <groupId>com.vaadin.addon</groupId>
   <artifactId>vaadin-charts</artifactId>
   <version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>

I get an exception in the build:

[ERROR]
 Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:7.3.6:compile (default) on project X: Command [[
[ERROR]
 i:\Installations\Java\java8\bin\java -Xmx512M -Xss1024k -classpath i:\Users\ ... 
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal com.vaadin:vaadin-maven-plugin:7.3.6:compile (default) on project...
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:216)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:318)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:555)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:214)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:158)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:290)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:230)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:414)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:357)
Caused by: org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.ForkedProcessExecutionException: Command [[
        at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo$JavaCommand.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:497)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.compile(CompileMojo.java:366)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.CompileMojo.doExecute(CompileMojo.java:281)
        at org.codehaus.mojo.gwt.shell.AbstractGwtShellMojo.execute(AbstractGwtShellMojo.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:106)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        ... 19 more
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]

[ERROR]
 For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR]
 [Help 1]
 http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Is there another dependancy I’m missing?

Hi

No dependency needs to be updated apart from vaadin-charts.

My guess would be that the license file is not correctly placed. You can get more information about license instalation in https://vaadin.com/directory/help/installing-cval-license

If that doesn’t help please attach a complete copy of maven debug output.

Thanks. You are right. In the plethora of lines I got from Maven I completely missed the most pertitent ones:

[ERROR]
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
 License for Vaadin Charts 2 not found. Go to vaadin.com/pro for more details.
[ERROR]
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good to know it was that. As it’s mentioned in the
link
I posted today you can purchase a license or get an trial key for the add-on from
vaadin.com/directory
or subscribe to Vaadin Pro Tools at
vaadin.com/pro-tools