Vaadin 7.3.6 - Push with WebSocket fails. Fallback to long polling not reli

My Application runs in WebSphere 8.5.5 / Liberty Profile with vaadin 7.3.6. Without Liberty Profile deploying the ear on WebSphere I get the same results.

In my web.xml I have org.atmosphere.cpr.broadcasterCacheClass as , org.atmosphere.cpr.SessionSupport as listener class and true

The main Vaadin UI Class is annotated buy @push.

When I log in into the session on firefox with firebug the push Connection with websocket fails, telling me (Firebug console):
[size=2]

NetworkError: 501 Not Implemented - http://<url>/app/PUSH/?v-uiId=1&v-csrfToken=<token>&X-Atmosphere-tracking-id=0&X-Atmosphere-Framework=2.1.5.vaadin4-jquery&X-Atmosphere-Transport=websocket&X-Atmosphere-TrackMessageSize=true&X-Cache-Date=0&Content-Type=application/json;%20charset=UTF-8&X-atmo-protocol=true"
Websocket closed, reason: Connection was closed abnormally (that is, with no close frame being sent).
Websocket failed. Downgrading to Comet and resending.

[/size]
Then it falls back to long polling making get requests periodically. Push requests to the application work for some time, but normally when you leave the client alone a few minutes a notification Popups rises up telling

"Communication problem. Take note... Push connection usinng websockets failed" How can I make websockets work, or how can I make the long polling mechanism more reliable?

Thank you in advance!

Edit:
On startup get the message:

[ERROR   ]

Not a File: file:\C:\<serverdir>\apps\ServiceCockpitEAR.ear\ServiceCockpitWeb.war\WEB-INF\lib\atmosphere-runtime-2.1.2.vaadin6.jar!\org\atmosphere\annotation

Maybe this has something to do with it?