MongoDB Container Addon

Hi,

we have uploaded today the first version of our

Vaadin
Lazy
MongoDB Container Addon.

You can find it on the Vaadin Addon Directory, please play with it and let us know what you think!

Feature and Pull Requests are welcome on our GitHub repositories:

Hi,

Looks pretty cool, I’ll definitely have a look at this later. I have actually had “MongoDB: integration example + blog entry” on my TODO list :wink: Have you worked a lot with MongoDB + Vaadin? Any other tips for the topic? Maybe you’d like to write that blog entry?

cheers,
matti

We (Edoardo, Daniele and me) are working on a project (Tyl) that will propose a lot of nice stuff on the combination Vaadin+MongoDb+Event Driven Programming.

Stay tuned, we’ll be back soon… :wink:

Marco

Hi, this is Edoardo, from Tyl Consulting

As Marco wrote, we are currently working on another addon that should bring some cool stuff in Vaadin. I would be glad to write a guest post about Vaadin + Mongo. I could write something about the design choices that we made in the Mongo Container addon, describe some use cases, and further development in this direction.

What do you think?
Feel free to contact me in private (evacchi at tylconsulting it)

e.

We have just released
version 0.9.1
of the addon which fixes a bug with
cache handling
, and uploaded a fixed version of the demo.

I take this occasion to recall that our MongoDB Container Addon is a
Lazy
Container, that loads data from MongoDB by caching pages of ObjectIds, in order to be able to handle many entities with a low memory footprint.

Version
introduces the
Container.Filterable
interface.

You can now interactively add and remove new filters to the Container. The original (optional) Criteria object set at building time will be always kept. All standard Vaadin filters are supported (see the Book of Vaadin). If you want to support more filters, just extend the
DefaultFilterConverter
with more cases

nice, good job :slight_smile:

Version
introduces the
Container.Sortable
interface.

Now, in addition to the Builder method, you can also interactively sort the Container using Vaadin’s
sort()
method.

Version
is a general bug fix release, we advise any user to upgrade.

Version
has been just released, with an important bug fix for filtering.

How do you specify which collection to use when building the MongoContainer?

Aha I figured out that it uses the name of the bean class that you’re using, the caveat is that it converts it to all lowercase. Does it expect that all field names are lowercase also?

@VaadinUser1492

MongoContainer uses Spring Data, so it follows Spring Data’s conventions. The collection name is the name of the bean class, lowercased; the field names are the property names of the bean (
e.g.
getFooBar becomes “fooBar”)

We are glad to announce that
version 0.9.6.1-beta
has been released with a number of bug fixes.

Since it’s been mostly bug-free for a while now, we are happy to announce that
MongoDBContainer Add-on
has hit
1.0 version
! Update your maven dependencies!

Version 1.0.1
addresses a bug with Event notifications (fixes an issue with the brand new Grid widget)

Version 1.0.3
irons out a few wrinkles. Upgrade soon!

Wonderful solution… looks like pure happiness. For how long do you plan to maintain the addon?

Actually, we are planning to support this addon for ever. We are investing a lot on the combination Vaadin+Mongodb+our addons (FieldBinder and MongoDbContainer)

Hello

I also use mongo db for mongo container you can just visit this example
https://zappysys.com/blog/ssis-loading-data-into-mongodb-upsert-update-delete-insert/
there is possible resources that helps lot.