Issue with table in a window

Hey guys, how are you?

I am struggling with an issue and would like to share the problem, so maybe some of you can help based on previous experience with the same stuff. There is a window and, inside this window, there is a vertical layout. In this vertical layout, I need a horizontal layout that contains a form and a table (illustrated in green in the attachment), one beside the other (with the same width, responsive).
The rest of the elements (in blue) in the vertical layout are 2 action panes.

The problem: no problems with the form and the distribution of the width between the two elements in green.
However, the table gets wrong width (and height) no matter how I configure it every time I maximize the window and bring it back to its normal size. Resizing manually, dragging the view, works just fine too. The situation is:

• I click on the maximize button, the table gets half of the space that is available for it
  • I click on the restore button, the table gets much the width it should took in the maximized window

It is kind of opposite behavior than the one I was expecting. Do you know any workaround for it?

Thanks in advance, any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Pedro

17149.png

Just one more info: I keep trying to solve the issue, but one thing I noticed is that this resizing issue happens inside windows, but I am not able to reproduce the same issue in views or in the main area of the Valo Dashboard Demo. Maybe this is important info to the Vaadin experts reading this post … it seems to be something about the window content holder, working just fine outside this specific kind of container.

Hope somebody can help me on this investigation/problem. Any contribution will be really really appreciated. Maybe it is the case to raise a ticket against it?

Cheers,
Pedro

Hi Pedro,

The issue is with the client side LayoutManager, which computes the sizes for some complex components, and the fact that it doesn’t support CSS transitions and animations properly. The transition is still running when the LayoutManager reads the size of the layout slot, and informs a wrong size to the Table widget, and it sets the wrong size.

I wasn’t able to find a ticket about this issue in Trac, so maybe you can find the time to
write one
? Thanks!

Hi, Jouni

Thank you very much for the answer. I just opened this ticket: http://dev.vaadin.com/ticket/15192
Hope all the information there is enough. I will keep tracking the progress on it and reply there once something else is requested.

Have a great week,
Pedro

Pedro.

I had the same problem in this thread, and Jouni provided a few workarounds that may be of use to you:

https://vaadin.com/forum#!/thread/8268878

Sorry, maybe I should have raised a ticket at the time. I just assumed this would have been done!

Cheers,
Lee.

I think I mentioned I would be creating tickets for all the issues you, Lee, posted earlier. But I failed to do so, so my apologies :frowning: