Vaadin 7 on Netbeans 8

Hi guys, good day!

Im new to vaadin 7 but I already have successfully deployed a project from v6 using the old plugin for netbeans (org-vaadin-support-0.1.2.nbm). I will be working with a new project and considering to migrate to v7. after trying to download the v7 using maven from netbeans there was no WEB-INF folder and web.xml file that was generated instead it creates context.xml. Are they the same? is this something that I should be worry about? or do I have to add them manually?

one more thing, is there a way that we could select the version that will be downloaded via maven instead of providing us the latest version? like, I prefer to use the 7.3.3 version rather than the 7.4 alpha.

mvn archetype:generate \ -DarchetypeGroupId=com.vaadin \ -DarchetypeArtifactId=vaadin-archetype-application \ -DarchetypeVersion=7.3.3 \ -Dpackaging=war using thie for your issue, default vaadin using annotation to add the servlet3.0

@WebServlet(value = "/*", asyncSupported = true) @VaadinServletConfiguration(productionMode = true, ui = YouUI.class) so, if you want to using web.xml, remove these annotaion, and add servlet like before.

[code]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Vaadin Web Application Vaadin production mode productionMode false Vaadin com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet Vaadin UI to display UI com.vaadin.tutorial.addressbook.AddressbookUI Vaadin /* [/code][b] [url] https://github.com/vaadin/addressbook [/url] // see this demo. [/b]

config your pom.xml to choose the vaadin version.

<properties>
        <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
        <vaadin.version>7.3.3</vaadin.version>
        <vaadin.plugin.version>${vaadin.version}</vaadin.plugin.version>
    </properties>

Thank you very much! :slight_smile: