Vaadin Application as a portlet in WebLogic 10.3

I am new to Vaadin and I am trying to deploy the sample apps provided with Vaadin as portlets on Weblogic Portal.

I did a JSP portlet in which i redirected to the Vaadin App deployed. I am able to view the vaadin app but when i invoke the portal , I just see the wait image and then nothing comes up.

Am I missing something.

I am stuck here and unable to make a decision on going forward with Vaadin for the project. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Shashidar

I am not sure what you mean by “I am able to view the Vaadin app” but if you just see the spinning wait icon and the application never starts the problem is most probably that the widgetset cannot be loaded. If you wait 15s you should get a popup that tells you this and also tells you what url it used to try to load the widgetset, something like “Failed to load the widgetset: /VAADIN/widgetsets/com.vaadin.demo.reservation.gwt.ReservationWidgetSet/com.vaadin.demo.reservation.gwt.ReservationWidgetSet.nocache.js?1258439498296” . If you open the address with your browser you should get the widgetset javascript file. If you get a 404 Not found then there is something wrong with the servlet/portlet configuration.

I have personally never tested Vaadin with Weblogic Portal so I cannot say for sure it will work out of the box.